Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Looks like we're finally heading to a resolution for all of this. The Fall and pretty much the Winter is lost. Gonna be a cold winter.
SNL bout to come back just in time for the holidays. Only blockbuster movie that’s gonna make waves during the winter is “The Marvels”

Everything else ain’t gonna be coming back till next year

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Netflix is gonna be left holding all those Korean dramas
0ef90322cbd73d73d046272a59136fff-1.png

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Glad they were able to find some common ground. Talking all that “they couldn’t break us” shyt comes off as a bit much but whatever.
I mean, it was the longest Hollywood strike in modern history. I'd say they can talk their shyt as much as they want, assuming the deal is good.

I'm very curious about the language on AI use as well as the size of writers rooms. I can imagine compromise on room sizes but any compromise on AI would be unacceptable IMO.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
SNL bout to come back just in time for the holidays. Only blockbuster movie that’s gonna make waves during the winter is “The Marvels”

Everything else ain’t gonna be coming back till next year
If that's the case, then it's going to be a really desolate and bleak fall/winter for movies. :hhh: Thank the movie Gods that KOTFM and Napoleon are still coming out.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Word is the writers get increased pay
and "protections" against A.I.
Honestly, I couldn't see it any other way. Technically, they are work for hire, so unless anything had been negotiated upfront, or they were really only entitled to their rates, unless it was their creation and they were writers. I'm happy they are getting more appreciation by compensation for their work. I hope they also negotiated incentive based increases (Awards incentives, viewership rates incentives etc)