Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
YOOOOOOO how the fukk are you ok with that?!!!! Green paper from trees with dead racists on them means that much to you??? How can you live with yourself knowing you're ok harming people trying to make a living?? Without the writers there is no movie wtf:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:
Gon use AI to replace these writers. These mfs are something else

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to hate on the directors for folding so easily, but I can't. They are as useless as nipples on a nun and everybody knows it. You can take any random idiot of the street and they putting up numbers on a fast and furious at a fraction of Justin Lin's price.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I want to hate on the directors for folding so easily, but I can't. They are as useless as nipples on a nun and everybody knows it. You can take any random idiot of the street and they putting up numbers on a fast and furious at a fraction of Justin Lin's price.
"Directors" aren't the only people in the DGA, you literally would not be able to run a film set without an Assistant Director, THAT'S the job that can carry a shytty director and no one will question it.

UPM's are also in the DGA and they handle all the money, another very important job, the DGA is easier to negotiate with because there's some overlap in responsibilites and mindset with the Producers/Execs, i think i said that earlier in this thread. You get a shyt ton of money once you join DGA already, they weren't sweating these negotiations like that, A.I. can't physically run a film crew and deal with all those logistics

it's a different situation entirely with writers/actors (as well as residuals)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
And that will fail miserably
:mjlol: why do you think that?

do NOT overrate these people fam. well written shows are few and VERY far between

film writing fukking sucks :mjlol: the script is always the first thing that gets joked on on set. MAJORITY of those people aren't even serious writers they just got taught the job through nepotism, i know a couple of people who got on that way, assistants to executives, writing bullshyt "scripts" for REENACTMENT shows :mjlol: so they can learn the format and level up to hiding their shytty script on a C-tier show no one watches. It's part of training someone to become a showrunner. Book and Video game writers (main plot only) get them out the paint easily imo if we talking skill.

script writers would be the easiest to replace out of everyone with A.I., you can tell it to imitate and reference other scripts, include pop culture references, advance the plot within a certain amount of pages, etc. basically all the shyt writers do, and get the same quality if not better.

And it's slowly getting to a point where crew is starting to be like :camby: fukk them writers, the shyt they fighting for isn't gonna help anyone else on the crew, nikkas already be mad with how unappreciative/bratty alot of writers are, now everybody gotta wait to get back to filming fun shyt because the producers don't respect them.

To even get shows back on track we're gonna have to set aside a month or so to re-prep, re-hire, renew all the permits to use locations and spend all that money a 2nd time, on top of everyone just having to reschedule their next 1-2 years in general because of the timing of work being thrown off :wow: them writers bouta be getting they food spat in when they get back :pachaha: again don't overrate these people man, only 1 outta 20 are actually worth it.

once A.I. breaks through the streets gonna be flooded :whew:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Pro-AI, Anti-creative babble

bDcmNJr.mp4

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Pro A.I. isn't anti-creative, just based on that statement i know you aren't involved with either :ufdup: i literally just gave a friend a prompt formula i put together in A.I. to help her creative block and get started on a project :ufdup: it's a tool just like anything else if you're smart enough to utilize it creatively yourself but you're clearly choosing sides so you waiting on the right people to say it's okay before you open your mind to it.

yall sit right there and drink the koolaid i know for a fact most of these nikkas aint shyt :heh:

how am i anti-creative when i literally said book authors/video game writers >>> film writers :dwillhuh::jbhmm: clearly i just don't respect film writers skills and i said as much, i been reading and making the shyt in scripts for a living nikka, if I wanna say they trash imma say they trash and you being mad about it doesn't mean shyt :umad:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:mjlol: why do you think that?

do NOT overrate these people fam. well written shows are few and VERY far between

film writing fukking sucks :mjlol: the script is always the first thing that gets joked on on set. MAJORITY of those people aren't even serious writers they just got taught the job through nepotism, i know a couple of people who got on that way, assistants to executives, writing bullshyt "scripts" for REENACTMENT shows :mjlol: so they can learn the format and level up to hiding their shytty script on a C-tier show no one watches. It's part of training someone to become a showrunner. Book and Video game writers (main plot only) get them out the paint easily imo if we talking skill.

script writers would be the easiest to replace out of everyone with A.I., you can tell it to imitate and reference other scripts, include pop culture references, advance the plot within a certain amount of pages, etc. basically all the shyt writers do, and get the same quality if not better.

And it's slowly getting to a point where crew is starting to be like :camby: fukk them writers, the shyt they fighting for isn't gonna help anyone else on the crew, nikkas already be mad with how unappreciative/bratty alot of writers are, now everybody gotta wait to get back to filming fun shyt because the producers don't respect them.

To even get shows back on track we're gonna have to set aside a month or so to re-prep, re-hire, renew all the permits to use locations and spend all that money a 2nd time, on top of everyone just having to reschedule their next 1-2 years in general because of the timing of work being thrown off :wow: them writers bouta be getting they food spat in when they get back :pachaha: again don't overrate these people man, only 1 outta 20 are actually worth it.

once A.I. breaks through the streets gonna be flooded :whew:

Bro as a creative person I can tell you right now AI for anything character or story driven is fukkin trash. It spits out the most generic shyt ever, and you will still need someone to mold or direct that story ie a writer. It’s a tool it won’t replace any person anytime soon.

As for shytty scripts you gotta remember unless you’re at the top of the food chain you have a fukk ton of stakeholders editing and demanding changes for marketing purposes.

Last edited: