Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Was referring to during the strike. One of my boys works in Paramount in legal, wonder if he's impacted.
You know what I never said even thought about the people in the corporate side of the business who just work in the main LA offices n shyt. I'm positive they have no union situation going on, I work in the actual production side where we make the film, so everyone is unioned up and actually have somewhat of a stake in the situation. I don't think the studio office people fall under that outside of the writers/directors/actors

The people just working the 9-5 in the studios might be :mjpls: about them picket lines, they got nothing to do with it fr

Well legal does :dead: your homie prolly going thru it, call and check in nikka

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
@AquaCityBoy up a good point about the same shows being on syndication. I dont know how theres so many shows produced each year and its pretty much same shyt syndicated.

The shows I see are
2 Broke Girls
Big Bang Theory
Young Sheldon
Two and a Half Men
Law and Order SVU
Supernatural
Charmed
Friends
Seinfeld
The Office
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Southpark
George Lopez Show

And these shows run all day multiple hours Iof the same show. I don't know when cable TV got like that but it's terrible. I looked at my TV programming right now and IFC is showing Two and a Half Men for 5 more hours. How the hell is Two and a Half Men an Independent Film:dahell:
Channels like IFC, Sundance, Scifi all lost their reason for existing

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Channels like IFC, Sundance, Scifi all lost their reason for existing

SciFi should just go out of business after losing expanse. Before streaming took off, they should have worked out a deal for syndication rights for all the Star Trek shows, twilight zone, and Star Wars movies. Mix that in with shows like the expanse and they would have been golden.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I agree this will take months, and because I can't see the studios caving on AI it might not be resolved this year at all. Studios are going to need time to get the AI stuff implemented. I think we're going to see a system where the writing room consists of one human curator who provides fixes and rewrites to an AI generated script. It'll be the television version of what you see with Rap Caviar where curators sort what goes into the playlist algorithms. I also think this was always the plan, it simply got sped up by the tech being released to the public too early. In short, studios didn't have time to roll this out like they wanted.

Sometime in the near future we're going to see studios roll out black women and LGBTQ curators as the face of this, as a means of diffusing criticism by co-opting diversity or social justice shyt. We'll hear stories about how the curators are ensuring the AI scripts are diverse and inclusive...moreso than human writing rooms were.

Only way this train stops is if actors and directors refuse to shoot AI-written scripts.
Yeah I could definitely see them pulling that

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You know what I never said even thought about the people in the corporate side of the business who just work in the main LA offices n shyt. I'm positive they have no union situation going on, I work in the actual production side where we make the film, so everyone is unioned up and actually have somewhat of a stake in the situation. I don't think the studio office people fall under that outside of the writers/directors/actors

The people just working the 9-5 in the studios might be :mjpls: about them picket lines, they got nothing to do with it fr

Well legal does :dead: your homie prolly going thru it, call and check in nikka

I did on Friday, he didn't answer lol

but he's always on a intense work high ranting and raving about ratings, first weekend gross, international market and box office, he loves movies like me though, love talking to him, it's like this forum in person. He will go into a perfect impression of Denzel Washington in The Siege out of nowhere

"you you can't DO THAT"

he got me on the lot on Melrose for screenings of movies, it was incredible

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I did on Friday, he didn't answer lol

but he's always on a intense work high ranting and raving about ratings, first weekend gross, international market and box office, he loves movies like me though, love talking to him, it's like this forum in person. He will go into a perfect impression of Denzel Washington in The Siege out of nowhere

"you you can't DO THAT"

he got me on the lot on Melrose for screenings of movies, it was incredible
:russ: yea I'm an anomaly, I'm more of a book guy so I only pay attention when people are sharing cool set stories. Most people I meet are like ya homie tho

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

And there’s a direct line between the unoriginality of the business — things TV critics complain about, like reboots and intellectual-property adaptations and plain old derivative stories — and the ease with which entertainment could become bloated by machine-generated mediocrity.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Pilot season is screwed up. Why even announce new series if they won’t premiere in the fall