Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
How??? What say or influence do people not part of the negotiations have?
I'm not talking about you random onlookers, I'm talking about people in these unions who are waiting for the heads to get this shyt done, producers as well as actors

You do realize these are elected positions right? They gotta think about getting re-elected and doing fukkshyt can ruin them

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
from the sounds of it, not only are the rank and file actors getting desperate to get back to work, but even the A-listers are itching to get back to work. even for supposed millionaires, some of them live check to check like the average person. they just got more expensive everything.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
from the sounds of it, not only are the rank and file actors getting desperate to get back to work, but even the A-listers are itching to get back to work. even for supposed millionaires, some of them live check to check like the average person. they just got more expensive everything.
Bruh it's beyond that, it's their profession, now they're just supposed to sit at home indefinitely or go get a random entry level job they have 0 experience in?

It's no different from the pandemic where people started getting stir crazy after not being able to work for a long stretch of time, everyone doesn't live life for the weekends or vacation, some people actually enjoy going to work, especially one with such a specific environment. Even COVID didn't have things shut down for this long

On top of that the organization and level of execution on a union film set shyts all over the regular workplace, you wouldn't know unless you seen it in person but to go from that to dealing with some random run of the mill supervisor at a normal job could turn even the nicest person into a hothead

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Its not about living check to check for the A-Listers, like @T-K-G said its what they do for a living.

Not everybody does a thing just to get a certain amount of money and then stop.

At the end of the day, they're all theatre kids and carnies - they wanna tapdance and do flips and get their pat on the back and belly rubs.

The validation and adoration is just as important as the money to some of these people.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Its not about living check to check for the A-Listers, like @T-K-G said its what they do for a living.

Not everybody does a thing just to get a certain amount of money and then stop.

At the end of the day, they're all theatre kids and carnies - they wanna tapdance and do flips and get their pat on the back and belly rubs.

The validation and adoration is just as important as the money to some of these people.
Was rolling until here

Ain't NOTHING sweet about being in 9 degree weather in shorts and a T-shirt at 3am in November and you gotta pretend like it's summer for 12+ hours, the average person would fold, y'all don't think about that reality of it, and the director's will have special rules for them that even most of the crew wouldn't know about unless you were eavesdropping or it trickled down the rumor mill

That shyt is difficult but mentally stimulating at the same time, the fanfare afterwards is just the dessert after the full course meal

All the ego shyt they end up developing is result of yall most of the time, at work they get pressed and called out all the time (obviously not in front of everyone cuz that's embarrassing) unless they're also the executive producer or something on some will smith/Kevin hart type shyt

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Was rolling until here

Ain't NOTHING sweet about being in 9 degree weather in shorts and a T-shirt at 3am in November and you gotta pretend like it's summer for 12+ hours, the average person would fold, y'all don't think about that reality of it, and the director's will have special rules for them that even most of the crew wouldn't know about unless you were eavesdropping or it trickled down the rumor mill

That shyt is difficult but mentally stimulating at the same time, the fanfare afterwards is just the dessert after the full course meal

All the ego shyt they end up developing is result of yall most of the time, at work they get pressed and called out all the time (obviously not in front of everyone cuz that's embarrassing) unless they're also the executive producer or something on some will smith/Kevin hart type shyt

I agree I took it too far, and I didn't mean that to be so derogatory. I'm in the business so I know breh. Just like you, but not on your side of things.

So I know it ain't sweet, easy, or a piece of cake - whether that's the hard working folks on the ground in all below the line positions who are out there before shyt starts and out there well after its over, to the actors who gotta "act" depressed for 30 takes across 12 hours, reset after reset. Shyt isn't sweet like you said.

But I was just overall trying to say that in general, the money is only a part of it. The other benefits they get from being actors can't be covered by money from other places. Emotional benefits, ego, all of it is a part of it.

But I did go too far calling 'em carnies

VY2wmdR.png

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

But I did go too far calling 'em carnies

VY2wmdR.png
You right tho :mjlol: I always tell people if you combine the absurdities of a traveling circus with the structure of the military you'd have a production crew

If they figure shyt out this week my bosses saying they wanna get back to filming in December :mjcry: went from having a cool summer production to having to work in tundra weather

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
You right tho :mjlol: I always tell people if you combine the absurdities of a traveling circus with the structure of the military you'd have a production crew

If they figure shyt out this week my bosses saying they wanna get back to filming in December :mjcry: went from having a cool summer production to having to work in tundra weather

Damn..

That ain't gonna be fun but work is work. Gotta keep the circus running for these white boys in their offices who think all the hard work is done on Zoom and at lunch "meetings"

:martin: