BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
New Age KING Gimmicks

Who’s The Last It Worked For, Booker?

I think it's Booker, but what helped is that he REALLY leaned into the gimmick and he became world champion in short order. It's another incident of the WWE having a blueprint and not pulling from it. For lack of a better term... the WWE plays too damn much.

All Xaiver Woods has wanted was to be KOTR. And it is damn near the worst thing he's ever done gimmick-wise.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats a terrible example because those worked. You could also add Ministry taker as a cult leader as well.

Gimmicks that always fail however:

Faggits :dame:

Long losing streaks gimmicks until they eventually win. That shyt never gets NOBODY over.
Billy and Chuck did alright

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I think it's Booker, but what helped is that he REALLY leaned into the gimmick and he became world champion in short order. It's another incident of the WWE having a blueprint and not pulling from it. For lack of a better term... the WWE plays too damn much.

All Xaiver Woods has wanted was to be KOTR. And it is damn near the worst thing he's ever done gimmick-wise.
Booker fukkin’ killed it. He was a perfect heel.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
sandow-2.jpg

Ex-WWE guy who was "held back" but is going to let loose and show us what they're really capable of.

Also fun loving dancing wrestler seems to be toast.

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Save for a few, the people with gimmicks that make it seem like they work a regular 9-5 and use wrestling as moonlighting.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
OP is a really bad example because all of those guys got over because of the cult leader gimmick.

I would say the retard gimmick.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
One legged wrestlers and actual military veterans, we’re not gonna clap for just cause no more…

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
If you're an alcoholic that embraces your alcoholism (Stone Cold, Hangman, Sandman), you're over.

If you're a problematic alcoholic whose habit affects their performance and relationships (Drunk Hawk, Drunk Scott Hall, Legitimately Drunk Jake Roberts), you're trash.

Same goes for domestic abusers (Chaz) vs chauvinists (Jarrett, Mero); you can toe the taboo line but there's a limit.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Has stoic tough guy with sexy valet really worked for anyone? :jbhmm: