Wrestling Gimmicks that Always Fail

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
"Real fighter" or "Shooter Gimmicks" with nothing else to back it up...... example
I didn't list Riddle because his gimmick is more stoner than shooter or say a Daniel Puder because his gimmick was green rookie.

Ken Shamrock. Ok/Good
Dr. Death. Dud
Tank Abbott. Dud
Sylvester Terkay. Dud
Dan Severn. Dud
Ronda Rousey. Success
Sonya DeVille. Dud
Baysler OK/Good

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
"Blue Chipper" gimmicks and heavily pushing that a playfighter is a second or third-generation talent

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All three tried this gimmick

:patrice:

• Raven
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Paul Heyman
  • Kevin Sullivan
  • Malakai Black

confused-counting.gif

Jokes aside, the problem is that the gimmick is always given to lower to mid card or Jobber to the Stars heels. The cult has to actually get some meaningful wins and show some dominance for it to not fizzle out, and that almost never happens.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
To flip this, winning streak gimmicks are one that tend to fall flat. My problem is that 9 times out of 10, there's no actual plan for what happens after a streak is broken.

Goldberg set the tone for that dead fish gimmick. The thing with winning streaks is that there's no form of rhyme or reason. Its just "I win a lot". Imagine a face or heel has a streak and turns it into a "rep" type of thing. Like on the level of The Wire type of shyt. I'm talking "I will kill a wrestler if they make me take the L".

Then the L comes and the wrestler goes on a warpath because his rep is fukked.

Thus, you have a wrestler that's protected beyond the "streak" gimmick. The closest thing we got to such a idea was Taker's WM streak. After Bork beat him, he vowed to get back at Bork and went down a dirty trick desperation type of feel just to win the match. Yeah it was weird seeing Taker give low blows :dame:, but it was effective to his character.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
"Real fighter" or "Shooter Gimmicks" with nothing else to back it up...... example
I didn't list Riddle because his gimmick is more stoner than shooter or say a Daniel Puder because his gimmick was green rookie.

Ken Shamrock. Ok/Good
Dr. Death. Dud
Tank Abbott. Dud
Sylvester Terkay. Dud
Dan Severn. Dud
Ronda Rousey. Success
Sonya DeVille. Dud
Baysler OK/Good
What has boggled my mind about the WWE is how badly they fukk up things when there's already a blueprint in place to pull from.

Shamrock worked because they made it a point to establish him as a near-dominant threat who could only be stopped via cheating, his own temper, or injury. Rousey is the same way.

DeVille was done as soon as she encountered Rousey. The MMA/Shooter gimmick works if its one of one.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

Ken Shamrock. Ok/Good
Dr. Death. Dud
Tank Abbott. Dud
Sylvester Terkay. Dud
Dan Severn. Dud
Ronda Rousey. Success
Sonya DeVille. Dud
Baysler OK/Good
Wasn’t Dr. death a success on territory level though?

The gimmicks where they’re taking shots at the network or other people that pissed them off.

Cyrus the virus
Right to censor
Oklahoma