Wrestling Gimmicks that Always Fail

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eugene actually worked though. He was really over. It's just that WWE had no way to sustain it and then they took him and just made him say stupid shyt. Yeah there was that one crowd that booed him, but they booed everything that night.
Eugene was WWEs way of shytting on wrestling marks :mjlol:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Religious gimmicks

Reverend D-Von

Mortecai
Friar Ferguson
New Day (before they became trolls)
Dustin Runnels (short stint that went no where before turning back into Goldust)

:whoa:Gimmick had legs but no one to guide it brother.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What are some wrestling gimmicks that no matter how hard the booker tries, it finds a way to not work with the crowd or falls apart? For example

The Cult Leader gimmick.

• Raven
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Paul Heyman
  • Kevin Sullivan
  • Malakai Black
All three tried this gimmick, but it never falls through due to the following:

• Bullshyt booking
  • Storyline not going anywhere
  • Change of plan
  • Nothing being added to the gimmick
Its such a shame because I always wanted to see a Koresh type of gimmick come to life. I'm talking about religious atonement, questioning of the crowd values, and deep shyt that would either bring nuclear heat or bring lunatics to the gimmick.

What are yall thoughts?
I thought when CM Punk did the cult leader gimmick was pretty successful. I thought the Wyatt family was red hot for a while, especially when they added Daniel Bryan. I think the problem with a lot of those gimmicks is that the people they choose to be in the groups. It's always a bunch of midcarders that no one gives a fukk about which then leads to them booked weak. Like you pointed out most of the time gimmicks don't get over is because they don't have an endgame as to where the gimmicks will go.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I thought when CM Punk did the cult leader gimmick was pretty successful. I thought the Wyatt family was red hot for a while, especially when they added Daniel Bryan. I think the problem with a lot of those gimmicks is that the people they choose to be in the groups. It's always a bunch of midcarders that no one gives a fukk about which then leads to them booked weak. Like you pointed out most of the time gimmicks don't get over is because they don't have an endgame as to where the gimmicks will go.

Exactly. Like the CM Punk SES was pretty good, but Gallows just made the shyt seem like a joke. Wyatts was so there....but fukking Vince did not allow the shyt to spread like wildfire. Dude had the whole world in his hands literally. Bray had the crowd losing their shyt and a child becoming a entire demon :damn: . Another thing is that promotions thread lightly with such a gimmick. Imagine if there was a "Heaven's Gate" gimmick that pulled no punches or a Jim Jones gimmick where biblical sermon is involved with the gimmick. It would bring so much heat, especially in bible belt areas that it would make Jim Cornette toe's curl :dame: