Wrestling Gimmicks that Always Fail

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What are some wrestling gimmicks that no matter how hard the booker tries, it finds a way to not work with the crowd or falls apart? For example

The Cult Leader gimmick.

• Raven
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Paul Heyman
  • Kevin Sullivan
  • Malakai Black
All three tried this gimmick, but it never falls through due to the following:

• Bullshyt booking
  • Storyline not going anywhere
  • Change of plan
  • Nothing being added to the gimmick
Its such a shame because I always wanted to see a Koresh type of gimmick come to life. I'm talking about religious atonement, questioning of the crowd values, and deep shyt that would either bring nuclear heat or bring lunatics to the gimmick.

What are yall thoughts?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Thats a terrible example because those worked. You could also add Ministry taker as a cult leader as well.

Gimmicks that always fail however:

Faggits :dame:

Long losing streaks gimmicks until they eventually win. That shyt never gets NOBODY over.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Thats a terrible example because those worked. You could also add Ministry taker as a cult leader as well.

Gimmicks that always fail however:

Faggits :dame:

Long losing streaks gimmicks until they eventually win. That shyt never gets NOBODY over.

Touche'

Yet, the Minstry ran its course when Vince and em ended up all in the videos. This is coming from somebody that actually liked The Corporate/Ministry faction.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
What are some wrestling gimmicks that no matter how hard the booker tries, it finds a way to not work with the crowd or falls apart? For example

The Cult Leader gimmick.

• Raven
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Paul Heyman
  • Kevin Sullivan
  • Malakai Black
All three tried this gimmick, but it never falls through due to the following:

• Bullshyt booking
  • Storyline not going anywhere
  • Change of plan
  • Nothing being added to the gimmick
Its such a shame because I always wanted to see a Koresh type of gimmick come to life. I'm talking about religious atonement, questioning of the crowd values, and deep shyt that would either bring nuclear heat or bring lunatics to the gimmick.

What are yall thoughts?
Regarding the Cult Leader gimmick; I thought The Raven/Flock angle was fairly successful. And wb Gangrel ? :martin:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
shytty gimmicks that did work once or twice: Tall guy who’s dominant because he’s tall (big show) and hip hop themed gimmicks (Cena) :scust: