wow, PITCHFORK gives Nas an 8.3 for Life Is Good

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I fukking hate all reviewers. Most of them wanted to be iggy pop or 2pac but ended up writing about musc because theyre talentless. Pitchfork is the worst though. Bunch of liberal arts school educated elitists. If they were around in the late 80s you can be sure theyd be the ones making arguments on how Public Enemy is not music, or in the 90s telling us biggie is not real hop hop.

idk, you've basically grouped the opinions you don't like into one source. what I mean is you won't find too many people that say "PE isn't music" and then say "Biggie isn't hip-hop". most of the people that were critical of 'gangster rap' in the 90's were fans of social-conscious music like PE. in fact there's a direct connection in that Chuck D sued Primo because he didn't want his voice being used in a song about crack

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"It's also entirely possible that Nas fans have No I.D. to thank for Life Is Good's quality. In the recent Complex cover story on Nas, I.D. said that he "wanted to make a soundtrack that allowed Nas to be Nas." Mentor to Kanye, a Chicago rap veteran, and the current executive vice president at Def Jam, No I.D. seems to be cementing his role as the Rap Whisperer: He recently guided a deeply confused Common to his first good record in nine years"

Did they forget they gave Be 8.6 and Best New Music? fukk Pitchfork.

so the last good Common album according to this reviewer was Electric Circus. :rudy:

if that is your opinion, your opinion is wack.

and after reading the review i think maybe pitchfork might pick the rating and the reviewer doesn't get a say on the rating, they just get assigned to write the review.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from selected mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 92 based on 32 professional reviews, which indicates "universal acclaim", also making it the highest scoring R&B release ever..

That's absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same damn time...it's a good album and all, but honestly...it's the HIGHEST REVIEWED R&B ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF RECORDED MEDIA...:snoop: :mindblown::pachaha: ...I've officially lost all respect for the institution of professional music review, critics are too prone to the fancy of trend and hipster dikkridery of the day...dude announcing he was gay a week before the album dropped is up there with the greatest and most effective publicity stunts of all time

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so the last good Common album according to this reviewer was Electric Circus. :rudy:

if that is your opinion, your opinion is wack.

and after reading the review i think maybe pitchfork might pick the rating and the reviewer doesn't get a say on the rating, they just get assigned to write the review.

Damn I didn't even catch that at first.:ohhh:

:comeon: at the reviewer.

Also Channel Orange is a good album, but classic it is not. :dead: at it being anywhere near as good as Voodoo, Brown Sugar, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill etc. let alone Innervisions, What's Going On.:snoop:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
That's absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same damn time...it's a good album and all, but honestly...it's the HIGHEST REVIEWED R&B ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF RECORDED MEDIA...:snoop: :mindblown::pachaha: ...I've officially lost all respect for the institution of professional music review, critics are too prone to the fancy of trend and hipster dikkridery of the day...dude announcing he was gay a week before the album dropped is up there with the greatest and most effective publicity stunts of all time

Since 2000, not since the history of recorded media. Since Metacritic was founded. I seriously don't know more than 5 classics since then, R&B has been pretty much 3.5-4 mics during the 2000s. Voodoo by D'Angelo and Get Lifted by John Legend are two of the only classics from the 2000s imo.

BLACKsummers'night by Maxwell and The-Dream's 2 first albums are up there as well.
Erykah Might have 1 or 2 classics as well.

They all scored quite close to Frank Ocean, Idk if Voodoo was reviewed on Metacritic might've been too early in 2000.

So if you disagree, which albums do you hold above since 2000 within R&B? You've got to consider the fact that meteoritic = a general understanding amongst reviewers. If it's hiphop, a lot of these reviewers don't really understand. But as far as R&B and shyt like that they are often educated..