wow, PITCHFORK gives Nas an 8.3 for Life Is Good

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so ... is this a good or bad thing ? ? ?

the score is fine but if you read the review you would understand why it gets :pacspit:

they gave it the score based on popular perception even though the actual person reviewing it obviously has a strong dislike for like nas.

so yeah, they aint fooling nobody, its still fukk pitchfork, they a bunch of dikkriding fakkits who love the attention.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'd give it a 9.3 myself.

I pretty much agree with their greasy talk about nas. nas has at least 4 albums that aren't up to standard, i see yall praise a lot of these albums and the sh!t baffles my mind, ha. Life is Good being so good actually shocked me too, i can't front. his best produced and most focused/cohesive album since Illmatic.

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"It's also entirely possible that Nas fans have No I.D. to thank for Life Is Good's quality. In the recent Complex cover story on Nas, I.D. said that he "wanted to make a soundtrack that allowed Nas to be Nas." Mentor to Kanye, a Chicago rap veteran, and the current executive vice president at Def Jam, No I.D. seems to be cementing his role as the Rap Whisperer: He recently guided a deeply confused Common to his first good record in nine years"

Did they forget they gave Be 8.6 and Best New Music? fukk Pitchfork.

Daps
Pitchfork is a bytchass hipster site. They gave Section 80 a 8.0 to be cute and then give Life is Good a 8.3? :pacspit:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
album 4.5/5 for me, lyrics/flow on another level and the beats are the best he's got since illmatic

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
Nas is the greatest rap artist of all time who wasn't about the satisfy the infantile, unrealistic meanderings of so-called hip hop purist who wanted him to do Illmatic $hit for the rest of his life and not move from 41st vernon, queensbridge. dikk heads lol

Life is Gooooooooooooooooood

This too but on this topic

fukk bytchpork (yeah I said bytchpork) as an online publication and everything they stand for :pacspit:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i'd give it a 9.3 myself.

I pretty much agree with their greasy talk about nas. nas has at least 4 albums that aren't up to standard, i see yall praise a lot of these albums and the sh!t baffles my mind, ha. Life is Good being so good actually shocked me too, i can't front. his best produced and most focused/cohesive album since Illmatic.

This album AIN'T the most cohesive album since Illmatic IMO...that would go to Untitled...which is prolly his most cohesive album of his career honestly...consistently about the same subject..etc..even if Nas has 4 albums that ain't up to par in ur opinion...that still ain't bad considering the amount of albums he has and how many years he been in this shyt..he ain't gonna please everyone out the gate..it just ain't EVER gonna happen..I was arguing wit somebody in real life about this current album..dude is an older head and he said Nas didn't lyrically bring it this album..and how he feels Nas made the album to make people feel sorry for him and he don't want Nas talkin bout personal stuff in a straightforward way...he likes the more lyrically poetic Nas...even tho we all know lyrically Nas killed it...but this is how his fans are tho...depending on the person..it's always somethin..I've been buyin Nas albums since Illmatic and I've literally seen fans complain about everything...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album AIN'T the most cohesive album since Illmatic IMO...that would go to Untitled...which is prolly his most cohesive album of his career honestly...consistently about the same subject..etc..even if Nas has 4 albums that ain't up to par in ur opinion...that still ain't bad considering the amount of albums he has and how many years he been in this shyt..he ain't gonna please everyone out the gate..it just ain't EVER gonna happen..I was arguing wit somebody in real life about this current album..dude is an older head and he said Nas didn't lyrically bring it this album..and how he feels Nas made the album to make people feel sorry for him and he don't want Nas talkin bout personal stuff in a straightforward way...he likes the more lyrically poetic Nas...even tho we all know lyrically Nas killed it...but this is how his fans are tho...depending on the person..it's always somethin..I've been buyin Nas albums since Illmatic and I've literally seen fans complain about everything...

word? i think it's hip hop critics overall, not necessarily nas's core fans, that are the ones who complain about everything he does and unfairly over-critique him. i never nitpick albums, over-analyzing will have you complaining about things that don't warrant complaint, ha. i just go off of what sounds dope to my ears for the most part. a lot of nas albums are wayyyy too hot and cold, dude has like 5 albums that I don't think are that dope, i'd give them all like a 3.5. but then again, he has like 5 albums that i think are pretty much all classics. just like with some of his albums, nas as an artist overall is hot and cold. i think he's one of them cats who has to be inspired, you can clearly tell when his fire is or isn't lit. on LIG that sh!t is lit like a mug, haha, i don't understand how/why anyone would rate this under a 4. sh!t is pretty much 5 mics for me.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
word? i think it's hip hop critics overall, not necessarily nas's core fans, that are the ones who complain about everything he does and unfairly over-critique him. i never nitpick albums, over-analyzing will have you complaining about things that don't warrant complaint, ha. i just go off of what sounds dope to my ears for the most part. a lot of nas albums are wayyyy too hot and cold, dude has like 5 albums that I don't think are that dope, i'd give them all like a 3.5. but then again, he has like 5 albums that i think are pretty much all classics. just like with some of his albums, nas as an artist overall is hot and cold. i think he's one of them cats who has to be inspired, you can clearly tell when his fire is or isn't lit. on LIG that sh!t is lit like a mug, haha, i don't understand how/why anyone would rate this under a 4. sh!t is pretty much 5 mics for me.

I think he's been inspired for the last 4 years..just by diff things...like with untitled...it may not be for everyone but that shyt had MAD depth lyrically and was crazy cohesive...mix that with his mixtape he dropped for it and dude was clearly inspired..DR was beautiful IMO...just overall beautiful album and Nas and Damian had great chemistry...like I said..not for everybody tho...this album is basically for everybody which is most likely why it's more universally accepted...great album overall tho..strong 4-4.5 to me...And that dude I was talkin bout said Nas is his favorite rapper and in his top 3 all time..dude was like 36..

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse

This, just about any artists with 10+ albums and/or years in the game has a couple duds

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
"It's also entirely possible that Nas fans have No I.D. to thank for Life Is Good's quality. In the recent Complex cover story on Nas, I.D. said that he "wanted to make a soundtrack that allowed Nas to be Nas." Mentor to Kanye, a Chicago rap veteran, and the current executive vice president at Def Jam, No I.D. seems to be cementing his role as the Rap Whisperer: He recently guided a deeply confused Common to his first good record in nine years"

Review was terrible. This was the worst part. I don't know anyone that thinks Common's last album was better than both his Kanye produced albums.

Be is arguably his best album.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches

Jayson Greene didn't do the Be review, so this is a pointless thing to be angry about.

Again, I reiterate, non-"true hip-hop" fans (or whatever the fukk) reviewing hip-hop records=blasphemy on this board. Somebody could have given the damn record a 10 and some of you would have found something to complain about.

Some of these responses are the definition of :aicmon:. It's just a review, people.