Would you rather raise a child on the East Coast or the West?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'd rather raise them on both, and I'm working on a reality where I can give my girls both. Sacramento will be my summer home and my girls can come spend summers with me there, I should have this in play by Summer 2026. Given my oldest girl will still only be 9 then, I'll be able to give them that experience, spending 2-3 months a year in Sac, school years in Raleigh...

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I'd rather raise them on both, and I'm working on a reality where I can give my girls both. Sacramento will be my summer home and my girls can come spend summers with me there, I should have this in play by Summer 2026. Given my oldest girl will still only be 9 then, I'll be able to give them that experience, spending 2-3 months a year in Sac, school years in Raleigh...

:ohlawd::mjcry:black fathers boy. We do all we can for our babies to see and do it all. I hope it works out for you breh.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The west coast has a better quality of life IMO, more laid back and easier to be you. But there’s a bigger, stronger, more diverse black community out east and I’d prefer my kid be in communities and schools that have decent representation from upper middle class black folk, seems like most the black people left in the cities out here in Cali are struggling and those with education/professionals are both highly dispersed and marry out a lot.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The west coast had a better quality of life IMO, more laid back and easier to be you. But there’s a bigger, stronger, more diverse black community out east and I’d prefer my kid be in communities and schools that have decent representation from upper middle class black folk, seems like most the black people left in the cities out here in Cali are struggling and those with education/professionals are both highly dispersed and marry out a lot.
Yall still planning on relocating back to Maryland?

Honestly I'd move back to California permanently if I didn't have kids here and I'd do it tomorrow. There are more black people out this way but there's pros and cons to everything. Considering everything in full, I do feel like Raleigh is one of the greatest cities to live black in the US, so my girls are already growing up with an enriched experience...

Sacramento is the best place to be black in California outside of LA. There's a stable black middle class stronger than most Cali cities, and the deeper cultural experience from being around different types of people, I think is a benefit they won't get to the same degree in North Carolina. It's gonna be dope to give them that experience of living on both sides...

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Honestly I'd move back to California permanently if I didn't have kids here and I'd do it tomorrow. There are more black people out this way but there's pros and cons to everything. Considering everything in full, I do feel like Raleigh is one of the greatest cities to live black in the US, so my girls are already growing up with an enriched experience...

Sacramento is the best place to be black in California outside of LA. There's a stable black middle class stronger than most Cali cities, and the deeper cultural experience from being around different types of people, I think is a benefit they won't get to the same degree in North Carolina. It's gonna be dope to give them that experience of living on both sides...
I would do North Las Vegas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

My god…you and Sac :snoop:

I don’t know, I personally preferred growing up around black community in those K-12 years and having a solid foundation in my blackness and then exploring “other” communities later in college. That said, even old school black Oakland was still diverse and it was cool knowing people of all races. When some of these southern brehs post, it’s wild to me that people really never had a white or Asian friend or can’t imagine going to a wedding or event of another race