Would you rather make $45K/year in a boring town or min wage in a swank tourist city?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What i'm saying is, would you rather make a $40-45K and live in a lifeless place like say in the middle of the Midwest or the sticks of the South somewhere(no offense to the south or midwest folk on here). The closest big city is like 2 hours away, closest airport like 3 hours away, etc., very few young ppl there your age to meet or date, etc., nothing to do in general but just go to work, weather sucks in the winter and brutal heat in the summer. Maybe a crappy bar exists, but nothing really good.

OR

On the flip side, suppose you live in like Lake Tahoe, CA, or ASpen, CO, etc. You make min. wage......but you live in a place that's really beautiful & scenic, it's popular amognst tourists, you'll meet alot of different ppl(some of them might be jerks tho b/c they have more money than you), etc., maybe alot more younger people, etc. You may not make alot of money to have a nice house, but your everyday life will be fuller, you can always go outside and do stuff for free....and who knows, you might meet a nice rich tourist and spark a relationship.

Do you pick the safe & conservative money/lifestyle, or the more exciting everyday life of a scenic & touristy city?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
75k in a boring city, breh. Low crime and I can travel where I want to with ease.

And best of all...No nikkas. :mjpls:

Nobody said the tourists cities have bad traffic. They don't.

Bad traffic is for places like Dallas, ATL, Houston, etc.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
$75 thousand in any city>>>

Where you gon spend it at? The Piggly Wiggly? Even the closest Wal-Mart is 70 miles away.

I think I'd rather take the min. wage pay and just be happy everyday in a cool, lively place. Sounds crazy, but you'd be happier as a person.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Alright, I shoulda never gave you nikkas money. :dry:

I changed it now to $45K. :whistle:

Does that make the decision any tougher?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I'll take the min wage in tourist city. The fukk I look like living in bumblefukk town? Majority of the time I'll probably be the only minority in the depress place. I can't do it. In a tourist place, I'm gorgeous and my game is tight enough to get girls even if I aint ballin like that. As long as I'm happy.

Can you imagine yourself living in Sacramento. Most depressing place I stayed in a week.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
45k (or 75k, like you had previouslly) is the best answer.

The fact that you have nothing to spend it on will:

1. Humble you out. For those who just HAVE to have new/fly shyt. You'll learn that you don't need it.

2. You'll save all that cash, and when you go on vacation, you'll be :win:

3. In smaller cities, things cost less.....more money saving!

Conclusion: If you nikkas mind is NOT on money, you're living life wrong.:birdman:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
45K in a boring city without hesitation.

As has been mentioned, it's cheaper, plus you'll have more money to go on vacation or *gasp* go to these swank resort towns and have you serve us at your minimum wage job.

Plus, with the internet, cell phones and Amazon, you'll be able to keep in touch with whoever you want and order anything too.

Also, Aspen is in the middle of the mountains and not near much. It's 2-3 hours from Denver and the town isn't gonna have a whole lot going on when there isn't snow on the ground.