Would You Marry A Woman That Was $100,000 In Debt?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
my moms was a school teacher and never had to pay back 1 penny of loans. chicago public schools paid that shyt. I swear last generation had it so easy in comparision to now.

Baby boomer generation had it the easiest, but that's the same generation that wants to talk down on us and say how lazy we are.

To answer the question in the OP... Probably not. If she has $100,000 debt at just 5%, that's essentially $5,000 for interest in just the first year... Around $417 a month just for the interest alone. Student loan debts are ones that are very difficult to discharge too.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't think school teacher is a low paying job

It depends on where you are teaching.
Starting teachers in a low-income county/city might earn in the high $20,000s and they get a chance to work for more during the summer months.
Experienced teachers, teachers at a private school or teachers in a wealthy county/city might earn in the $40,000s.
Of course, this comes with county/city employee benefits.

So, relatively speaking, public school teacher salary is low. Paying off $100,000 loan is going to take years. School loans are like a mortgage so you have a long time to pay it back, probably your whole life.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
When I was dating my wife, she took another 1.5 years to get another masters in addition to the one she was already in school for. I think her school loan debt is sitting at $125,000.

After graduating, she got a job making like $50,000. 4 years later she just got a new job making about $60,000 for the next 2 years.

Get married brehs :troll:

But after those 2 years, her starting salary as a retina surgeon will be like $260K. Then later on down the line, she may put her MBA to use and become a Hospital executive. Safe to say the debt won't be an issue.

I got married brehs :blessed:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Hell nah. Once your married, her credit and debts become yours too. Nicca credit go from platinum to triple bronze out this mofo

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Considering money is the #1 reason marriages dissolve in the first place, NO! Imagine not being able to buy a house, get a loan or another credit card at a reasonable rate cuz your spouse got some fukked up credit. No matter how much you love them that's gonna create animosity.