Would you dump your significant other if he/she wasn't as ambitious or career-minded as you?

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Dump. fukk no i just cheat on her till i find a bytch with more money, take her money and give my wife something to spend while shes at home being a loser.

These are usually reasons women leave men wow, whats happening to men. Becoming such Pussies.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
You missed it breh. You can be successful and ambitious without one of those pieces of paper and all that debt.

Its funny because people who go to college are so brainwashed with the notion that that degree will equate to success. Only half of college grads get in their field anyway. Add to that nearly 50% of college students drop out. You're gonna be in slim pickings here real quick.

So y'all really going to tell me that you'll let a piece of paper stand in your way of being with someone that makes you happy??
Maybe her Idea of success is being a great mother and having a family but she lacks ambition because she didn't finish college and is now a bank teller? :what:

I think OP's friend is feeling himself. He lucked out and got a job in his field and now he thinks he's better than his girl who dropped out.. If she ain't keeping him happy thats one thing but to drop a girl because "she lacks ambition".. Come on breh.

Everyone has a different idea of success. Me? I just wanna be happy man. fukk all that other shyt.

I agree breh. It is all about the mindset at the end of the day. You can have a woman who never went to university but owns her own salon or some shyt who works there 16 hours a day. It's just all about the persons mind and how complacent they are.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I drop associates for not being ambitious so of course i'd drop friends, significant others heck even family if they just DON't care about life.

tumblr_mfq27o5ShZ1rby8sro1_250.gif

:cheers:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
:heh: So a college degree is ambitious now?

Your original statement

You missed it breh. You can be successful and ambitious without one of those pieces of paper and all that debt.

Its funny because people who go to college are so brainwashed with the notion that that degree will equate to success. Only half of college grads get in their field anyway. Add to that nearly 50% of college students drop out. You're gonna be in slim pickings here real quick.

So y'all really going to tell me that you'll let a piece of paper stand in your way of being with someone that makes you happy??
Maybe her Idea of success is being a great mother and having a family but she lacks ambition because she didn't finish college and is now a bank teller? :what:

I think OP's friend is feeling himself. He lucked out and got a job in his field and now he thinks he's better than his girl who dropped out.. If she ain't keeping him happy thats one thing but to drop a girl because "she lacks ambition".. Come on breh.

Everyone has a different idea of success. Me? I just wanna be happy man. fukk all that other shyt.

:comeon: Which is why college is such an ambitious endeavor. I'm not a racist and I love white people like I love anybody else, but there's nothing like being around your own. I'm in a mostly white country town 400 miles from home for the next three years where I don't have a car, I'm broke and tacking up loans, and don't get to see my family that much. Do you think I'm up here cuz I just LOVE school? Na, B, I'm here for my future and I start Law School (three more years of this crap) in August. I'm not an elitist and I don't think my education makes me better than anyone, but my ambition is all thats keeping me IN this bytch. Say what you want about that "piece of paper" but I definitely feel like it takes ambition to complete your degree/s.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
is she trying to dump all of her responsibility on you because you're the "provider" and she just doesn't wanna grow up?

I just did it. felt like self-ether.

But hey... look at all the money you can continue to invest in yourself.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He doesn't have to be as ambitious as I am. As long as he has high goals in life and has made demonstrated progress towards attaining them. Also he should be secure in himself and his life decisions. And somewhat wealthy. Then we'd be fine.

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
Your original statement

:comeon: Which is why college is such an ambitious endeavor. I'm not a racist and I love white people like I love anybody else, but there's nothing like being around your own. I'm in a mostly white country town 400 miles from home for the next three years where I don't have a car, I'm broke and tacking up loans, and don't get to see my family that much. Do you think I'm up here cuz I just LOVE school? Na, B, I'm here for my future and I start Law School (three more years of this crap) in August. I'm not an elitist and I don't think my education makes me better than anyone, but my ambition is all thats keeping me IN this bytch. Say what you want about that "piece of paper" but I definitely feel like it takes ambition to complete your degree/s.

Lol stop. You're looking for an argument that isn't there. I'm not saying it doesn't take ambition to go to college. I'm saying going to college isn't the only show of ambition. Get it?

Ambitious
Adjective
  1. Having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed.
There are other ways to be successful and so many different measures of success. I don't know how else to explain it to you breh.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Best post in the thread.

And i can't be wit a bytch who isn't into how money works, investing and politics...which pretty much means imma be living that single life and fukking around till i find one :manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It works a lil different here is Europe I think in the USA you need to do your undergrad, work at a firm for a year then go to law school.

In Europe you can do law itself as an undergraduate degree or go into compliance straight after your undergraduate. She's going to do Political Science as a BSC & intern through her 3 years, that is enough for her to do compliance here.

aight. I thought u were in the united states. the reason I asked cuz just today, I did some work for our VP of corporate compliance and I know she is a lawyer. and she fine as hell too :noah:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Careful what you wish for - ambitious women don't got no time for kids/familial duties - they stay grinding hungry to prove their p*ssy is not an impediment to their career aspirations 80+ hours/week - :huhldup:

For me and mine - I am going to be career-oriented and focused; wifey knows her role and is ambitious to be righteous when it comes to the house and kid.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
aight. I thought u were in the united states. the reason I asked cuz just today, I did some work for our VP of corporate compliance and I know she is a lawyer. and she fine as hell too :noah:

perfect wife :lolbron:

beauty + brains :blessed:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Ambitious women are a turn off

Her ambitions should be household/family oriented

I wish I could dab you 1000 times.

You could tell alot of guys here are affected by modern feminism thinking that females are equal and should be ambitious. Nah ambition is a male trait. Women should take care of the kids, take care of the house, and take care of the husband. I want my wife working 80 hour work weeks as an investment banker.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow so many disgusting posts on here. You guys really are feminized. Real men don't pursue women for money. You're the one who's supposed to make money.

This isn't an antique concept either. Who's going to take care of the kids when both the mother and father are working double overtime? TV and society will have a stronger influence on your kids. I wouldn't want Nicki Minaj to raise my daughter and having her post twerk videos on instagram while I'm at work.

Last edited: