Would you dump your significant other if he/she wasn't as ambitious or career-minded as you?

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
she's gonna need to go to law school in order to move up in that field right????

It works a lil different here is Europe I think in the USA you need to do your undergrad, work at a firm for a year then go to law school.

In Europe you can do law itself as an undergraduate degree or go into compliance straight after your undergraduate. She's going to do Political Science as a BSC & intern through her 3 years, that is enough for her to do compliance here.

RealAssanova

Ethnic Vagitarian
Daps
Reppin
6 Side.
well this all depends...

if she a fuk buddy, i don't give a rats azz wtf she be doin.

however, if i'm somewhat serious wid shorty..or atleast wanna get serious and possibly see a future with her..then hell yeah, she gotta have dem credentials. If i expect the best for myself, best bel'ee i'mma expect the same from her.

No way am i gonna sell myself short and settle. :usure:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
:heh: So a college degree is ambitious now?

How is it not? I'm not saying college is the hardest thing out there but it shows a reasonable degree of commitment. You know how hard it is to not go out on a weekend in a college town cuz you have a test coming up? :dahell:

You know how hard it is to turn down puss cuz you have an early class/internship? :ufdup:
33ve1c3.jpg

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
its not necessary. you have to be pretty awful to get fired from an internship. That's like Craig getting fired on his day off

She was awful. I wouldn't leave someone or give them an ultimatum unless they were and Jesus Christ she was. She's turning her life around now so thank fukk for that..

semtex

:)
Daps
I mean as long as she's reasonably ambitious :leostare: bytch don't need to be trying to be Oprah 2.0 or anything. Career-related things aren't what attract me to a chick anyway.

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
How is it not? I'm not saying college is the hardest thing out there but it shows a reasonable degree of commitment. You know how hard it is to not go out on a weekend in a college town cuz you have a test coming up? :dahell:

You know how hard it is to turn down puss cuz you have an early class/internship? :ufdup:

You missed it breh. You can be successful and ambitious without one of those pieces of paper and all that debt.

Its funny because people who go to college are so brainwashed with the notion that that degree will equate to success. Only half of college grads get in their field anyway. Add to that nearly 50% of college students drop out. You're gonna be in slim pickings here real quick.

So y'all really going to tell me that you'll let a piece of paper stand in your way of being with someone that makes you happy??
Maybe her Idea of success is being a great mother and having a family but she lacks ambition because she didn't finish college and is now a bank teller? :what:

I think OP's friend is feeling himself. He lucked out and got a job in his field and now he thinks he's better than his girl who dropped out.. If she ain't keeping him happy thats one thing but to drop a girl because "she lacks ambition".. Come on breh.

Everyone has a different idea of success. Me? I just wanna be happy man. fukk all that other shyt.

SiickCurllyGurl

Sophomore
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I drop associates for not being ambitious so of course i'd drop friends, significant others heck even family if they just DON't care about life.

If it was any other girl I'd have left,but my girl is my childhood sweetheart, been with her for so many years through thick and thin so I couldn't just leave her like I would another girl, letting her hit rock bottom worked.
tumblr_mfq27o5ShZ1rby8sro1_250.gif