Would you dump your significant other if he/she wasn't as ambitious or career-minded as you?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Story:

My boy has his BA degree and is in his field of work. He plans to climb the ladder and continue to move up.

His girl still has a semester worth of credits but stopped going to school and hasn't been back in a year. she is working outside of her field at PNC bank in sales.

He called me today kind of irritated because "she has no motivation" and is "happy at her current position and might be a lifer there"

My thoughts:

I prefer my woman to have at least a BA and some kind of goals in life. Complacency is unattractive IMO.

But, I'm not in that situation as of now so I can't really comment. I wouldn't really take a bank teller or McDonald's worker seriously but that's just me :manny:

How do you all feel?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
no question.

if she makes extremely less than you divorce will ruin you

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
mines not. which pisses me off. always complaining about her job and wanting to get more bread, but IMO, not even out there trying to find a better one.

meanwhile whenever I start complaining, next thing you know, my black ass is getting job interviews for a potential new position.

mind you she has her masters and working on her doctorate and I only got a bachelor's degree and still make more bread. I want her to make more money than me!!! :damn:

long story short is she talks a big game, but is actually scared to make a change and do something about it.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
@Gator Reloaded I went through this scenario not too long ago.

Me: graduate, worked for a bit then decided to help my father now running the family businesses and mine with my father, hard working, ambitious etc.

My girl: highly intelligent but not motivated, had the grades to apply to a good university, got a place ,didn't want to go kept postponing,entry level dead end jobs, got get her an internship, she got fired etc just not having her shyt together.

It got to the point where I gave her an ultimatum : get your shyt together or I'm leaving you. She had to hit rock bottom and know I was leaving but she finally did get her shyt together.

Now she's enrolled for her Bachelor of Science and interning one day a week in compliance. She wants to go into Compliance and become a compliance analyst.

If it was any other girl I'd have left,but my girl is my childhood sweetheart, been with her for so many years through thick and thin so I couldn't just leave her like I would another girl, letting her hit rock bottom worked.

Bane

The Fire Rises
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was the one that lacked ambition, but now that we've broken up am more ambitious than ever. It's easier to move forward without the burden of another.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
as long as she's ambitious,keep a close relasionship with that stove
and suck a dikk just because.......she's A1
(no cute bums!)
2643wip.gif

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
We'd have to figure something out before making a decision like that, since we've invested in a life together. But if he wants to become ambition-less one day it won't stop me so whatever L has to be taken will be taken by him.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@Gator Reloaded I went through this scenario not too long ago.

Me: graduate, worked for a bit then decided to help my father now running the family businesses and mine with my father, hard working, ambitious etc.

My girl: highly intelligent but not motivated, had the grades to apply to a good university, got a place ,didn't want to go kept postponing,entry level dead end jobs, got get her an internship, she got fired etc just not having her shyt together.

It got to the point where I gave her an ultimatum : get your shyt together or I'm leaving you. She had to hit rock bottom and know I was leaving but she finally did get her shyt together.

Now she's enrolled for her Bachelor of Science and interning one day a week in compliance. She wants to go into Compliance and become a compliance analyst.

If it was any other girl I'd have left,but my girl is my childhood sweetheart, been with her for so many years through thick and thin so I couldn't just leave her like I would another girl, letting her hit rock bottom worked.

she's gonna need to go to law school in order to move up in that field right????

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
She may not be AS ambitous as me, but she would have to have some kind of ambition and constantly seek ways of advancing herself. Not just career wise, but in all aspects.

I'm working on myself, hence the reason why I'm choosing to remain single for the foreseeable future.