Would you date a woman with low self esteem

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
A woman with low self esteem shouldn't date.
It depends on where her low self esteem is rooted from and how damaged she is. U have plenty of people with baggage like mental, emotional and financial issues/problems and they stay in relationships/marriages.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Depends.

Self-esteem issues have to be taken on a case by case basis. I dated a woman with low self-esteem in the past and it only helped to drive a wedge between us. It really didn't matter what I did her ill-founded perception was the only reality that mattered to her; even though she would acknowledge she wasn't in the best mental state. I know other guys who have worse horror stories than what I endured with her.

On the the other hand, my current girlfriend had depression and lower self-esteem when we first met; however, the causation was easier to parse. Now she's back to her normal somewhat conceited and corny self.

So again, like with most things, it depends.

I wouldn't call it a bad move, you just weren't really what each other needed at the time.

Not that I think women are children but I would say a comparable situation would be someone trying to take in/foster a troubled child. They are aware of the challenges up front and go ahead thinking that geniuine good nature and effort can overcome whatever the situation is. My grandmother took me in, gave me shelter but she wasn't really equipped to try and raise a troubled young man. Not a bad move on her part, she just didn't have the tools or skills for the job.

I make it a point to build the kind of skills that leave people in a better place when they come in contact with me. It may not always be the case but that is my intent.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends on where her low self esteem is rooted from and how damaged she is. U have plenty of people with baggage like mental, emotional and financial issues/problems and they stay in relationships/marriages.
It doesn't mean they should. I mean every situation is going to be different, but being a person with low self esteem dating isn't a good thing for me.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I wouldn't call it a bad move, you just weren't really what each other needed at the time.

Not that I think women are children but I would say a comparable situation would be someone trying to take in/foster a troubled child. They are aware of the challenges up front and go ahead thinking that genuine good nature and effort can overcome whatever the situation is. My grandmother took me in, gave me shelter but she wasn't really equipped to try and raise a troubled young man. Not a bad move on her part, she just didn't have the tools or skills for the job.

I make it a point to build the kind of skills that leave people in a better place when they come in contact with me. It may not always be the case but that is my intent.

I agree with the overall theme of this post and you certainly chose an apt metaphor; however, being involved with her was definitely a terrible decision for reasons I have no intention of getting into.

However, I said it depends/case by case because the experience can and does vary.

I recommend people deal with what they know they can/want to handle. If you don't want to deal with that, then don't. If you're only going to manipulate them for your own benefit, then please don't. Personally, I like to help people so the idea of dealing with someone with lower self-esteem, in and of itself, isn't a deal breaker since I believe I could possibly help them in some capacity (assuming they even want that help).

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I agree with the overall theme of this post and you certainly chose an apt metaphor; however, being involved with her was definitely a terrible decision for reasons I have no intention of getting into.

However, I said it depends/case by case because the experience can and does vary.

I recommend people deal with what they know they can/want to handle. If you don't want to deal with that, then don't. If you're only going to manipulate them for your own benefit, then please don't. Personally, I like to help people so the idea of dealing with someone with lower self-esteem, in and of itself, isn't a deal breaker since I believe I could possibly help them in some capacity (assuming they even want that help).

Real shyt.

Point is you gained some valuable knowledge from the whole ordeal that can be used and passed on to others, knowledge born.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I find that many I meet, from all different cultures and backgrounds, professions, don't have a very healthy self esteem, which comes off in different ways, according to who they are. Should also probably describe what entails "healthy self esteem".