Would you date a woman with low self esteem

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
It depends. Do I find her attractive? Do I know why her self esteem is low? How does she treat me? Does she want help?

Based on the answers, I would either deal with her or not.

Now, an interesting question is would I date a woman who is feeling herself a lil too much? I would be less likely to date this type than a woman w/ LSE.

That is an interesting question.

What about this question -
Would you compound the issues of a woman with low self-esteem?
Ex. - A man who is aware that a chic has low self-esteem but screws her before tossing her to the bushes..

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Ex. - A man who is aware that a chic has low self-esteem but screws her before tossing her to the bushes..

:whew:

Lotta nikkas outchea on some psychic vampirism, trying to pump and dump chicks who are in despair as a means to boost their own sense of self esteem.

Round and round we go.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I had low self esteem before so I can relate...but it was due to me thinking I am unattractive...when Im not...im just average and even above average to very handsome to some.

What I learned with life is that balance is key. Its integral to life to have healthy self esteem...but even better when ur self esteem is at a perfect level when its not low...but not too high either.

There are pros and cons to everything. Pros to low self esteem women are that they are easier to bag/sex, tend to take ur lead if u make them feel good, make u feel more like the "man" or leader when u have them in a good feeling, and they tend to be way more humble than cocky women. The cons are the constant validation u have to give them plus it gets old and can be a turnoff when u have to keep hearing how they constant downplay themselves.

With all that said....I would prefer a woman with a healthy and balanced self esteem...but would rather date a woman with low self esteem over a woman who has unreasonably high self esteem, cocky as shyt and clearly overvalues herself. I would try to help the low self esteem having women especially if im attracted to her and see some good qualities in her...but if she is too damaged...then she becomes very difficult to deal with.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I've dated insecure women in the past and that shyt was mad stressful. So I would never purposely date someone with all that baggage. This one insecure woman I was with wouldn't get naked to have sex she always need to wear a bra and panties because she was scared of her body(she was shaped very well) she had issues with her skin color like she would try to limit her time outside during the summer in fear of getting darker through tanning, she didn't believe she was attractive no matter how many times I told her otherwise. And lastly she always thought that I was cheating on her.​

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
It matters how she expresses her low self-esteem, which can be expressed in many often destructive ways.

If she expresses it by being sexually promiscuous, chasing men who treat her poorly or use her, does drugs, drinks and other destructive acts too much then nah I'm good.

If she's always seeking validation, places her focus, attention and energy on those who have bad things to say about her rather than peole who shower her with love etc.

If she is thirsty for male attention and can't go long periods of time without a man, etc.

I don't wana deal with none of that stuff and women like this aren't prepared for a positive, long-lasting relationship.

From my experiences and observations...everything I bolded u on the money. Low self esteem having people do chase those who treat them poorly and always focus on negative shyt and people who give them negative comments and energy.

But as far as being sexually promiscuous, drinking, using substances, smoking and doing other destructive shyt...all types of people do that...whether low self esteem, healthy self esteem or even cocky and super high self esteem folks. U got the biggest h0es who think very highly of themselves or even think too highly of themselves.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I've dated insecure women in the past and that shyt was mad stressful. So I would never purposely date someone with all that baggage. This one insecure woman I was with wouldn't get naked to have sex she always need to wear a bra and panties because she was scared of her body(she was shaped very well) she had issues with her skin color like she would try to limit her time outside during the summer in fear of getting darker through tanning, she didn't believe she was attractive no matter how many times I told her otherwise. And lastly she always thought that I was cheating on her.​
Yeah I can see that being very draining and can affect the progression of yall's relationship.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

No. If I know she's got low self-esteem and I choose to deal with her on that level, one of my responsibilities as her man is to help make her a better person than she was before she met me.

I expect similar uplifting on her behalf toward me as well.

Now, if this is just a casual thing -- which isn't something I think I'm really built to be in, to keep it a buck -- then it's imperative we have a mutual understanding of what it is and attempt to stay on the same page.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
No. If I know she's got low self-esteem and I choose to deal with her on that level, one of my responsibilities as her man is to help make her a better person than she was before she met me.

I expect similar uplifting on her behalf toward me as well.

Now, if this is just a casual thing -- which isn't something I think I'm really built to be in, to keep it a buck -- then it's imperative we have a mutual understanding of what it is and attempt to stay on the same page.

So you operate in the vein of 'Be a part of the problem or a part of the solution...' :ehh: Admirable.

I'll say that as adults we are accountable and responsible for our own happiness and growth. No one is perfect - we all have vices, flaws, weaknesses as well as strengths, gifts, and value. Human.
I don't understand the prey mentality of some people to look at someone as food - She's just a hoe so let me pump and dump - or - He's a paymaster so let me run his pockets -
Why exacerbate problems in an individual? You're no better than them when you choose that route.

I have much respect for individuals who are honest about his/her intentions from the gate. Mutual understandings are the territory of grownups.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I dated a broad with low self esteem... It was the WORST. At first, it manifested itself by her always needing to be up under a niigga, which I thought was cool because it had me thinking "yeah, she can't do without ya boy :smugdraper:" but then that led to her thinking I was doing dirt when she wasn't around. That would lead to arguments and dealing with her crying because she knew she was the reason for this unnecessary drama, and that it would probably run me off, and that it was totally not needed. The only reason I stuck around as long as I did was that she had intimated at an early point in our relationship that I was the only good thing going in her life, and she "didn't know what she would do" if that ended. It sounded like a thinly veiled hint at suicide, which was compounded by the fact that her father was suffering from manic depression, her mother had some issues stemming from her marriage to him, and my girl herself was seeing a therapist. She had told me about all this up front, which I respected, cause she told me, "I know this is a lot; if you want to not see me anymore I understand". It was at that point I caped up for her because I respected her for keeping it a buck with a niigga. Bad move. :snoop:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Depends.

Self-esteem issues have to be taken on a case by case basis. I dated a woman with low self-esteem in the past and it only helped to drive a wedge between us. It really didn't matter what I did her ill-founded perception was the only reality that mattered to her; even though she would acknowledge she wasn't in the best mental state. I know other guys who have worse horror stories than what I endured with her.

On the the other hand, my current girlfriend had depression and lower self-esteem when we first met; however, the causation was easier to parse. Now she's back to her normal somewhat conceited and corny self.

So again, like with most things, it depends.