Would You Consider The Horizon Franchise A "System Seller"?

do you consider Horizon a "system seller"?

• yes it's a system seller

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • nah.

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm a real gamer :youngsabo:

Real gamers don't worship plastic boxes and shill for corporations who don't give a shyt about them :youngsabo:

I shill for good products i like that continue to provide great experiences. That doesn’t stop at sony, you should hear the way i talk about my air fryer

and you can be a ‘real gamer’ all you like but you’re currently in a thread about a Sony game and im responding to the topic and you’re responding to me.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If we’re being honest, Playstation Studios™ is the system seller at this point. Theres no one game or franchise that stands above the rest. Sony branding their first party games as high quality highly accessible games is what excites people. Naughty Dog can announce a new IP tomorrow and people will jump out their seat to play it. Same with insomniac announcing Wolverine. Horizon (whats deemed a lower tier franchise) coming out and knowing it will be a graphical showcase that will review in the high 80’s is part of the brand appeal.

It’s like the Nintendo Seal of Approval. People have confidence in the brand, theres a reason a playstation showcase generates such high viewership.

Sony doesn’t need a ‘system seller’, playstation is the system seller.

playstation-studios-ps4.gif
Yeah, that's a good point. I think they've earned the public's trust about single player IPs. I think it's like a Scorsese effect where if you see him working on a project then it's got your attention. For the most part with their single player games as a consumer you feel you're going to get a good to great experience when you see that badge.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it’s also why the idea of “mascots” for platforms have become outdated. You can’t sell an entire platform based on one IP anymore, its just not realistic with how long games take to make and the expectations people have of them.

Once horizon’s marketing period is done, its onto god of wars, once thats done is onto gran turismo, once thats done its the next naughty dog game, then Suckerpunch and Tsushima’s 2’s turn, then spider-man’s turn, etc.

No one IP has ever carried a playstation console, thats not how Sony has sold systems, ever. Its always been big games, since like FF7 and MGS

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of war and Uncharted were once not system sellers. System sellers don’t happen overnight but I think Horizon is on the way.