Would You Consider The Horizon Franchise A "System Seller"?

do you consider Horizon a "system seller"?

• yes it's a system seller

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • nah.

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Certainly more of a system seller than anything MS is offering.

:yeshrug:
I don't think so because I don't think many said they had to buy a playstation console to play franchise. I felt that series is one of those that helps add a case to get a PS4/PS5, but I don't think it's viewed as must have.

I'll say Forza Horizon series had more sway in somebody investing in a xbox console than Horizon did for a PS4/PS5.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think so. Don't know why the game has this perceived "lesser" quality to it when it's a really high ranking game. It's like everytime it's discussed here it's as if it's some "mid" when it would be hailed as a GOTY candidate had it been a multiplatform game.
I don’t know why people would act like that. :smh:
Horizon is trash.
Honestly I wasn't feeling Horizon like that. Game is kind of boring.

Crazy :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't think so because I don't think many said they had to buy a playstation console to play franchise. I felt that series is one of those that helps add a case to get a PS4/PS5, but I don't think it's viewed as must have.

I'll say Forza Horizon series had more sway in somebody investing in a xbox console than Horizon did for a PS4/PS5.

I wonder if forza horizon actually sold a console to someone who wasn’t already planning on buying an xbox, because i honestly doubt it

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if forza horizon actually sold a console to someone who wasn’t already planning on buying an xbox, because i honestly doubt it
I've seen some say they bought an Xbox for that game.I feel IP wise with Xbox Forza Horizon might be system seller by default due to not much depth of IPs. I think my issue with considering Horizon a system seller is I think people buy PS5 more for their other IPs like Spiderman, TLOU, God of War, and Uncharted. I feel Horizon is tiers below that for a reason why a person buys a PlayStation console. I just don't view series as a major reason somebody buys a PlayStation console, and view it more as a supporting reason to get a PS5.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've seen some say they bought an Xbox for that game.I feel IP wise with Xbox Forza Horizon might be system seller by default due to not much depth of IPs. I think my issue with considering Horizon a system seller is I think people buy PS5 more for their other IPs like Spiderman, TLOU, God of War, and Uncharted. I feel Horizon is tiers below that for a reason why a person buys a PlayStation console. I just don't view series as a major reason somebody buys a PlayStation console, and view it more as a supporting reason to get a PS5.

If we’re being honest, Playstation Studios™ is the system seller at this point. Theres no one game or franchise that stands above the rest. Sony branding their first party games as high quality highly accessible games is what excites people. Naughty Dog can announce a new IP tomorrow and people will jump out their seat to play it. Same with insomniac announcing Wolverine. Horizon (whats deemed a lower tier franchise) coming out and knowing it will be a graphical showcase that will review in the high 80’s is part of the brand appeal.

It’s like the Nintendo Seal of Approval. People have confidence in the brand, theres a reason a playstation showcase generates such high viewership.

Sony doesn’t need a ‘system seller’, playstation is the system seller.

playstation-studios-ps4.gif

Daps
Reppin
Aaru
If we’re being honest, Playstation Studios™ is the system seller at this point. Theres no one game or franchise that stands above the rest. Sony branding their first party games as high quality highly accessible games is what excites people. Naughty Dog can announce a new IP tomorrow and people will jump out their seat to play it. Same with insomniac announcing Wolverine. Horizon (whats deemed a lower tier franchise) coming out and knowing it will be a graphical showcase that will review in the high 80’s is part of the brand appeal.

It’s like the Nintendo Seal of Approval. People have confidence in the brand, theres a reason a playstation showcase generates such high viewership.

Sony doesn’t need a ‘system seller’, playstation is the system seller.

playstation-studios-ps4.gif
Do you get paid to promote Playstation? :skip: