Would You Consider The Horizon Franchise A "System Seller"?

do you consider Horizon a "system seller"?

• yes it's a system seller

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • nah.

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, it's a good game but clearly the worst game in Sony's main lineup.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
worst game in Sony's main lineup.

Naw

FQQW5LqXoAcwrqe.jpg:large

I’d take horizon over 5 or 6 of those games in the banner

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
it’s boring to me.nothing about it makes me want to finish it.same for the other horizon game

Looks good but it feels like something I already played so I turn it off fairly quickly everytime it’s booted up

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
you gonna ask this question on every forum? Are you a sony rep?:dahell:

He's probably stealing thread ideas from there lowkey

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think so. Don't know why the game has this perceived "lesser" quality to it when it's a really high ranking game. It's like everytime it's discussed here it's as if it's some "mid" when it would be hailed as a GOTY candidate had it been a multiplatform game.
Biggest issue is that both games released right next to botw and elden ring respectively. Which are both one of the best games we have had in the past 6 years.

Obviously the mid stuff is hyperbole. But it is a B level game. It’s a good game but there’s nothing about it minus graphics where it stands out imo.

Like no one here puts it on the same level as the last 2 GOW games, Spider-Man or Last of Us. Which clearly are system sellers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Biggest issue is that both games released right next to botw and elden ring respectively. Which are both one of the best games we have had in the past 6 years.

Obviously the mid stuff is hyperbole. But it is a B level game. It’s a good game but there’s nothing about it minus graphics where it stands out imo.

Like no one here puts it on the same level as the last 2 GOW games, Spider-Man or Last of Us. Which clearly are system sellers.

I’d put it on the same level as spider-man. Spider-Man is just a way bigger IP, but gameplay wise they rank about the same to me

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I mean...I go to Sony first because they have exclusives I care about.
I bought a PS5 with God of War in mind first.
Horizon is a must have game if you have a ps5 but I wouldn't buy a ps5 just for that game.
I consider the last of us and uncharted a system seller.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Definitely one of my favorite Sony IPs.

HZD was the first real next gen game on the PS4 to me that completely blew me away. Uncharted 4 was cool but it was still pretty similar to previous UC games with a few new mechanics and more open battle sections. HFW has set the bar again in terms of fidelity this generation.

There's always been a weird thing with Horizon on the internet where people try to downplay it and tear it apart. The first one sold over 20m copies as a new IP. It's clearly a super popular franchise in real life.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think so. Don't know why the game has this perceived "lesser" quality to it when it's a really high ranking game. It's like everytime it's discussed here it's as if it's some "mid" when it would be hailed as a GOTY candidate had it been a multiplatform game.
And just release timing. Had Forbidden West dropped in it's initial Nov. 21 date, it would've won GOTY easily.