Would you consider Aborigines black?

Daps
Reppin
X
I don't consider anyone whose not AA as being black :yeshrug:
Anyone outside of America, I go by nationality.
:why: But they themselves identify as black.

"The term "blacks" has been used to refer to Indigenous Australians since European settlement.[21] While originally related to skin colour, the term is used today to indicate Aboriginal heritage or culture in general and refers to people of any skin pigmentation.[22] In the 1970s, many Aboriginal activists, such as Gary Foley, proudly embraced the term "black", and writer Kevin Gilbert's ground-breaking book from the time was entitled Living Black. The book included interviews with several members of the Aboriginal community including Robert Jabanungga reflecting on contemporary Aboriginal culture."

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No, not in the sense that we (Africans) are black. Heritage>>>> appearance - there are Sub Saharan African descended people that don't even have black skin (albinos). They're not related to us.

That being said, it's all semantics, and they can call themselves "black", like how both Filipinos and East Indians say they're "brown" despite a completely different heritage.

Last edited:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
No.
The modern definition of black is "of African descent" is it not?

:yeshrug: They're not of African descent, so no.

South Indians are dark as hell, they're not considered "black" either. I'm willing to bet that you won't come across an Aborigine who considers themselves "black".:stopitslime:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
X
Don't tell them they originated in sub saharan Africa. They get pissed off when outsiders try to tell them their story from what I was told by an Australian ex pat living here in DC.

But yes, I do consider them black. As well as the people of East Timor, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Christmas Islands, Thursday Islands,etc.
Was that ex pat white doe? I wouldn't want to hear what he has to say either. Either way, their ancestors are thought to be the first to leave Africa 50 and 60,000 years ago.

"Previously, the most widely accepted theory was that all modern humans derive from a single out-of-Africa migration wave into Europe, Asia, and Australia. According to this model, the first Australians branched off from an Asian population that had already separated from the ancestors of Europeans. But in 2011, this conventional wisdom was challenged by a new discovery. Using modern gene sequencing techniques, researchers sampled the DNA from a lock of hair that a young Aboriginal man had donated to a British anthropologist in 1923. When DNA in the hair was compared with the genomes of people living in Asia, Europe, and Africa, scientists discovered that Aboriginal Australians are more closely related to Africans than they are to modern Asians and Europeans."

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Was that ex pat white doe? I wouldn't want to hear what he has to say either. Either way, their ancestors are thought to be the first to leave Africa 50 and 60,000 years ago.

"Previously, the most widely accepted theory was that all modern humans derive from a single out-of-Africa migration wave into Europe, Asia, and Australia. According to this model, the first Australians branched off from an Asian population that had already separated from the ancestors of Europeans. But in 2011, this conventional wisdom was challenged by a new discovery. Using modern gene sequencing techniques, researchers sampled the DNA from a lock of hair that a young Aboriginal man had donated to a British anthropologist in 1923. When DNA in the hair was compared with the genomes of people living in Asia, Europe, and Africa, scientists discovered that Aboriginal Australians are more closely related to Africans than they are to modern Asians and Europeans."
I thouggt theyd be more related to dravidians

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

I don't know who he is. But he was saying they have a different story than what academia teaches. This was a conversation I had some years ago, but I remember him telling me that they have no recollection of them migrating from Africa as they don't believe anything that Europeans teach. This is echoed by a friend I have on Facebook currently living in Perth who has direct talks with aborigines everyday.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The modern definition of black is "of African descent" is it not?

:yeshrug: They're not of African descent, so no.

South Indians are dark as hell, they're not considered "black" either. I'm willing to bet that you won't come across an Aboriginal who considers themselves "black".:stopitslime:

Depends on the dictionary.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
For the millionth time: yes.

So is it that y'all are doing the same math as white supremacists with the whole "racially pure" bullshyt? Most of you are not 100% African so you wouldn't even pass your own stupid ass test.

I will write it again just because:

What percentage African is enough to be considered black? 50%? No cause people try to say Obama isn't black. Is Michelle black? She looks like massa got to one of her ancestors. Let's say she is 75% African so she qualifies. Now their kids are like 63% African so they qualify too. So now Obama is the only non Black but has black kids. So why couldn't Obama's non Black mom have a black kid?

If the above sounds stupid it's CAUSE IT IS. Smart dumb niqqa thinking at it's finest.

Stop trying to divide us up. We need all the soldiers we can get.

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
:why:
You can't be this stupid, right?

We've all heard it before, :yeshrug:
"Im not black, Im Nigerian," "Im not black, Im Jamaican," ect...or that AA's try to force everyone outside of the American context into neat little racial boxes.

Well fukk it then, nobodies black :yeshrug: Obviously we can tell whose of African descent, and if someone chooses to identify as black, thats cool, and I won't deny them their right to identify however they choose, but Im not gonna go outta my way to force someone to be something they feel like they're not.

Daps
I don't consider anyone whose not AA as being black :yeshrug:
Anyone outside of America, I go by nationality.

:conusher: Clown.

Im African so apparently I'm not black?

I could slap that same shyt on you, AA's who are like 20-30 percent white who are they to decide what is "black" and what isn't

Won't even entertain this, just get that neg clown

:sodomites: