Would you be up for Arcadium banning console wars like Resetera?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do Not Engage in Platform/Console Wars

Many posters will have preferences and favorites when it comes to video games and the platforms they appear on. It is important to keep in mind that there's nothing wrong with other members having different tastes. Platform holders are multi-billion dollar corporations that do not need cheerleaders or champions to defend them. Do not be bitter if a console you like sells less hardware than the alternatives, if a competing platform enjoys success, or if a title is announced for other platforms. You can have favorites without being obnoxious or disruptive about them.

No Trolling

Trolling, or posting with the intention of provoking a negative response from other members, is prohibited. This is especially true in serious and sensitive topics. Trolling is often disingenuous, but posting your honest opinion can still be trolling if you do so with the intent to inflame. Sincerity is not a perfect shield from consequences.

Please also keep in mind that the onus is always on you to make sure that your meaning and intentions are clear when you post. If you make a statement that appears to be inflammatory, moderators will judge it based on the text you have made available. Staff and other members cannot read minds. If you feel that your post or intentions have been misunderstood, you should quickly move to clarify what you really meant.

Avoid Port-Begging

Whenever there is a new and popular third-party game there will usually be 'begging' for ports to other platforms; this trend is repetitive, low on substance, and often an impediment to better discussion. It can often be seen in replies to existing threads, and sometimes even in the creation of new threads. It is not always easy to determine where the line is between harmless speculation and actionable port-begging, but the latter generally refers to comments that are disruptive to an existing discussion, fuel for console wars, or completely without substantive basis. Please do not make such posts or threads. If no platforms have announced for a game, speculation about potential platforms is acceptable.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But what would you post then? :pachaha:

Being serious I don't think this forum active enough to ban anything. There's some "console wars" but it's not that serious.
Don't take anything from that toxic, toxic, horrible place
its not active because this lame shyt derails discussion consistently

and the funny thing is there's plenty of stuff to talk about when you look at the acquistion stuff. but because these dudes are stuck on 2004 brain, they can't grasp the fact that gaming growing as a entertainment industry means that studios/devs/pubs/etc *have* to seek out additional resources if they want to solidify themselves in a rapidly growing area.

it'd be entirely different if folks talked about this like actual business and not a bunch of cheerleaders. no other industry has commentary this dumb

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree, this place is so TOXIC, when i read posts im literally shaking. All of your posts are basically VIOLENCE, you people are BAD people. So long Coli, me, my furry suit, and glittery butt plug are going to Era where we can feel SAFE

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree, this place is so TOXIC, when i read posts im literally shaking. All of your posts are basically VIOLENCE, you people are BAD people. So long Coli, me and my furry suit and glittery butt plug are going to Era where we can feel SAFE
leave-her-alone-crying.gif

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Umm, is this a homophobic joke or something? You’re lucky this isnt Big Fairy Eras mods, or it’d be curtains for you PlusSizeBoi1( you are so BRAVE btw for embracing your weight, skinny privilege is TOXIC)
Me & @Fatboi1 might get banned for having gendered handles :mjlol:

Resetera meeting in rl