Worst plot twist in a game ever?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd prefer Until Dawn if it was played like a straight slasher horror instead of switching gears to a creature feature. Definitely not as bad as the ones listed but this is a thread where I feel like I can drop that complaint.

Daps
Reppin
1405354940376.cached.jpg

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I think the FF8 twist is a lil overstated.
We knew all the kids were orphans from their backstory and the fact they are enrolled in a military mercenary school as teens....and hell theres only one orphanage on the planet
Its silly but not game breaking. The series always had some insane coincidental shyt which never bothered me at all.

FF4 for example
The bad guy is your brother! But not only that, you guys are half moon children. And not only that, but an evil moon man is controlling your bro!

FF9 ran the same story as 4 with the same twists just a different setting.
The bad guy is your brother. But not only that, you guys both are test tube babies from space. And not only that, but an evil space man is controlling your bro.....but not only that theres an even eviler guy that you never met before and now this game is different!"

Give 8 some love brehs :to:

Yeah, like I said, 8's twist was part of an over-arching theme/ideology about power not only corrupting you but having to pay a price for said power. The small scale example was the amnesia from using GF's. I might have called it lazy if it didn't fit the theme. The only thing I didn't like about the game, was Seifer effortlessly killing Odin....bruh, I don't care how powerful you are, it's a god...you're a teen with a sword.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Raider was Kojimas first step into making the series goofy. He then over corrected his mistakes with raiden by over powering him and making him do some of the most ludicrous things I've seen done on screen. Metal Gear Solid starts loosely rooted in reality and because a magic/super power fest after the mistakes made with raiden. You can't go from such an epic character like Solid snake, and pass the baton to some corny cry baby trying to become a man on the battle field. Everything about raiden in mgs2 screams cornball and everything about raiden after mgs2 screams try hard. He goes from secret agent to bayoneta from one game to the next. I suppose in the context of this thread, the twist would be that everyone expected to play as snake for mgs2 and we ended up with raiden for 90% of the game.
I was gonna argue this but giving it a bit of thought...shyt really did start going out the window with 2. Psycho Mantis was the only real example of craziness from 1 but 2? Liquid possessing Ocelot via arm, Fortune and Vamp :bryan:

2 is a great game though, and Raiden is a good character. Bet that :ufdup:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I was gonna argue this but giving it a bit of thought...shyt really did start going out the window with 2. Psycho Mantis was the only real example of craziness from 1 but 2? Liquid possessing Ocelot via arm, Fortune and Vamp :bryan:

2 is a great game though, and Raiden is a good character. Bet that :ufdup:

Vamp running on water..:ohlawd:

It was like he wanted to make an anime out of he series after the MGS1. Besides baiting and switching the audience with that tanker demo, he had snake going against supervillains. And while it was clearly where the series was going (Vulcan raven's death scene) it wasn't a slow crawl. The worst part for me, was how he eventually wrote it all off as; nanomachines. You can fly? Nanomachine bruh no big deal. You shoot lasers out of your fingers? Nanomachines, don't be a noob bruh. That shyt was truly disrespectful to the fans.

Raiden isn't a good character by any means, he's a mary sue who becomes the butt of every joke (literally with Volgen).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
MGS4's epilogue destroys 30 years worth of storyline in one hour.
It was a long series of retcons to make sense of a storyline that was never designed to be a connected coherent story.

I feel like MGS4 did the best it could to make everything fit together. Honestly I tried to play 5 but I only made it through the prologue and dropped it. Hearing it's an unfinished mess of a story doesn't make me wanna finish it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Raider was Kojimas first step into making the series goofy. He then over corrected his mistakes with raiden by over powering him and making him do some of the most ludicrous things I've seen done on screen. Metal Gear Solid starts loosely rooted in reality and because a magic/super power fest after the mistakes made with raiden. You can't go from such an epic character like Solid snake, and pass the baton to some corny cry baby trying to become a man on the battle field. Everything about raiden in mgs2 screams cornball and everything about raiden after mgs2 screams try hard. He goes from secret agent to bayoneta from one game to the next. I suppose in the context of this thread, the twist would be that everyone expected to play as snake for mgs2 and we ended up with raiden for 90% of the game.

That was the point. Raiden is a commentary on action/adventure/stealth games AND gaming as a culture. Raiden represents the player, a person with no real combat experience, thrust into a crazy situation in which all he does is recreate the Shadow Moses incident (the commentary that all sequels do is follow the same formula as the first). Raiden is doing everything he can do to be Snake but basically fails horribly, as the player would. He can't kill Vamp or Fortune, he fails to save Emma, fails to stop :mjgooner:Gear, etc.

It isn't until he stops trying to be Snake that he becomes his own man. This is signified by the sword that Snake gives him, almost saying "guns are MY thing, this would be better for you". In the same way Big Boss tells Ocelot that Revolvers would work better for his style of shooting.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Some of the answers in here arent some damn plot twists :dahell;

Mgs5 should be on everybody's lists

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Personally thought that ish was :ohhh::wow:.... Heavy Rain was dope..didn't see it coming
You didn't see it coming because the game essentially lied to you in how it portrayed one of it's characters. They basically pulled that outta their asses.