Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think I mentioned it in the random thoughts thread but some bytch at school told me the best way to lose weight is to eat nothing but protein since it is neutral calories :wtf: and that she could eat 5k of it and lose weight. also you would gain weight for exactly two weeks, then lose all of it on the 15th day :mjlol:

brehs I want to hear your silliest shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think I mentioned it in the random thoughts thread but some bytch at school told me the best way to lose weight is to eat nothing but protein since it is neutral calories :wtf: and that she could eat 5k of it and lose weight. also you would gain weight for exactly two weeks, then lose all of it on the 15th day :mjlol:

brehs I want to hear your silliest shyt
I wouldn't call that bro science.That's just bullshyt. Bro science has a sort of tried and true battle testing behind it. A fair number of people follow it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:Why do the least educated folks have the most fascinatingly false logic?
Worst broscience i ever heard came from my mom telling my little sister not to lift heavy or it will permanently alter her physique:beli: Her reasoning was she used to work out, and when she stopped, she gained weight.
No, it had nothing to do with eating like a bodybuilder minus the actual working out part:aicmon:

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:Why do the least educated folks have the most fascinatingly false logic?
Worst broscience i ever heard came from my mom telling ky little sister not to lift heavy or it will permanently alter her physique:beli: Her reasoning was she used to work out, and when she stopped, she gained weight.
No, it had nothing to do with eating like a bodybuilder minus the actual working out part:aicmon:
Rofl

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Worst broscience i ever heard came from my mom telling ky little sister not to lift heavy or it will permanently alter her physique:beli: Her reasoning was she used to work out, and when she stopped, she gained weight.
My brothers girl used to come to the gym with us doing redonkulous volume like 3x50 no weight sqats
4x30 bicep curls
300 half assed crunches
On some" I don't want to get big and bulky,I want to tone":rudy:
She had an associates in exercise science though so maybe she was onto something:ohhh:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My brothers girl used to come to the gym with us doing redonkulous volume like 3x50 no weight sqats
4x30 bicep curls
300 half assed crunches
On some" I don't want to get big and bulky,I want to tone":rudy:
She had an associates in exercise science though so maybe she was onto something:ohhh:
No, she was another idiot with a degree. If you doing high reps, you are doing cardio :beli: Im sick of people using this word "tone". Thats a musical term. Anytime someone says they want tone, it means they want a healthy amount of muscle mass, and you aint gonna get it doing hundreds of bicep curls with a baby bottle full of milk.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
No, she was another idiot with a degree. If you doing high reps, you are doing cardio :beli: Im sick of people using this word "tone". Thats a musical term. Anytime someone says they want tone, it means they want a healthy amount of muscle mass, and you aint gonna get it doing hundreds of bicep curls with a baby bottle full of milk.
like you gon accidentaly get big from using weights :mjlol:

...If only:mjcry:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
like you gon accidentaly get big from using weights :mjlol:...If only:mjcry:
Exactly. People never apply common sense to muscle building. Unless you on some drugs, that shyt is harder than losing fat mass. Not to mention women have a fraction of the testosterone healthy men have. She aint growing shyt without work. Unfortunately, people push back against science with :duck:Anecdotes and even more broscience.