"Wonka" Timothée Chalamet To Play Willy Wonka In New Origin Tale

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Watched this with the wife and we really enjoyed it.
Funny and charming.
You can switch the chocolate with drugs and this is a gangster film:lolbron::russ:
Dude was hustling with a gang, flooding the streets with his product, running from the cops and fighting off a vicious chocolate cartel:mjlol:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked it. It felt a lil too long and started to lose me near the end. And the vfx were awful but I'm not mad I saw it

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe I actually loved this. Hot take: this was borderline a Black movie.
Fun Fact
Dahl's widow said that Charlie was originally written as "a little black boy." Dahl's biographer said the change to a white character was driven by Dahl's agent, who thought a black Charlie would not appeal to readers

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I really enjoyed this. More than I thought I would. That boy can actually hold a note. The little black girl that was his sidekick was really cute but she couldn't act. It didn't matter though once she started singing. She really was a standout singer and their songs and numbers together were really heartwarming. Key is always a treat to watch. That man deserves his own movie. All around a good message and fun time. 8/10 for me.