And now you're into vanilla!

band-of-misfits-monkey.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Looks like the plot is the genius black girl gives him the idea and after he abandons her he uses the Oompa Loompas (against their will of course) to continue her plans since he isn’t smart enough to do it himself, creating generational wealth and international fame for himself while the black girl lives out life in squalor. Too predictable :camby:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
This could be the worst movie of the year or the best.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
We didn't need a backstory for this, we got the 3 minutes of backstory with Johnny Depp's version...and even that was a bit much....

Stylistically speaking it looks like a Burton influence, but this will tank..

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The third version of this particular story..

There are 3 versions of Matilda....

I'm not overly impressed by James and the Giant Peach but whatever....

If Roald Dahl wrote any other books, Hollywood let us know.

Since I have a four year old who has been obsessed with Roald Dahl for a year now, I can tell you there are a LOT more Roald Dahl books. There's even a Wonka sequel.

The original ooma loompa were black but ADOS folks protested and got the director to change them to the green and orange look we see in the movie.

Not just that, they were African pygmies and the depiction was definitely racist. Not in an animosity way but in an ignorant White guy born in 1916 way.

I'm not hating but does a movie really need 3 remakes?

It's obviously not a remake.

Gene Wilder bodied the role of the OG Wonka...made that film a classic.

This trailer looks mid. Hugh Grant as an Oompa Loompa got me :dead:
damn, i had high hopes for this since i loved the gene wilder one…

chalamet doesn’t have the charm or natural eccentricity to pull off a younger version of wilder’s character…

Yeah, I have nothing against Chalamet but he didn't pull that off at all. The writing looks mid too. I'm not gonna take her to see it.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Since I have a four year old who has been obsessed with Roald Dahl for a year now, I can tell you there are a LOT more Roald Dahl books. There's even a Wonka sequel.
I would ask you if anything is better than Matilda or James and the giant peach but it's like reading FudgeOmania at 15. As good as those first three Judy Blume books (tales of a fourth grade nothing, otherwise know as Sheila the great, and superfudge) were, I'm not reading kids books as an adult.