Woman finds out her family photo is being used in hospitals in Kenya

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Sucks to find out your image is being used without your consent. They had to have uploaded a pretty large file somewhere for someone to make a poster size print of it on that display. She says they used a tripod, camera with a timer, no photographer involved.

sue the entire country and get the mineral rights...

concise

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, gotta be more to the story here. We see photos of people in ads all day long, why did this one throw up a red flag?

They got 224k followers on IG, somebody was bound to recognize them like below:

This is my favorite little SM family, their kids are so cute. I hope they get the bag. People are so trifling.

Then people might think the hospital is doing promo with the influencers.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you upload any picture to Facebook or instagram, then someone can actually use your photo without your consent as it becomes property of fakebook. You give up your intellectual property rights when you upload your photos on there unless your photo was copyrighted before being uploaded to Facebook. Know your rights. This is why you have to read the terms of service. They say it in there

Now if someone uploads a photo of you on fakebook without your consent that you never uploaded on fakebook yourself, you can ask them to remove it. They legally have to remove it. Someone has to willingly upload a photo of themselves or their content onto fakebook without copyrighting their shut loses their intellectual property of their content

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's not
Laws are laws.. corruption only goes so far
They are plenty of legit lawyers who would give those hospitals the work
Y'all need to stop acting as if Africans are some lawless savages
And I don't give a fukk if you are African
You don't know what you are talking about

If Kenya decides to tell her f*CK you what recourse does she have exactly ?