Woman finds out her family photo is being used in hospitals in Kenya

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I work in the industry, and this absolutely happens. A lot of models don’t have a lot of money, and do stock photo shoots for $150-$500, then the photos can be used over and over again, for anything. Some of them get screwed once they make it, because it can create a product conflict for a potential booking. If you book Pringles, you can’t also have images of your face for Lays. Converse isn’t using the same models as Sketchers, etc.
Yeah this happened to someone I know. She was an amateur model, something for fun and not trying to make it a career. Anyways one of her photos was used in advertisement for a local businesses. Nothing explict or anything.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No it's not
Laws are laws.. corruption only goes so far
They are plenty of legit lawyers who would give those hospitals the work
Y'all need to stop acting as if Africans are some lawless savages
And I don't give a fukk if you are African
You don't know what you are talking about

Technically the Kenyan Hospital did violate Kenyan Fair use law, but the family won't get more than a cease and desist order out of it.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Exactly, gotta be more to the story here. We see photos of people in ads all day long, why did this one throw up a red flag?

most likely she and her family signed away the rights of fair use for these photos so she could later get on Twitter, act shocked, and get clout

got 75K likes...mission accomplished