Woman Discovers She's White After 70 Years Of Thinking She's A Light Skinned Black Woman

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Her parent's were passing too or this woman is a genetic throwback to a black relative that passed for white.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Woman Discovers She's White After 70 Years Of Thinking She's A Light Skinned Black Woman

Verda Byrd was adopted by a black family, and believed she was black for almost her whole life.

zvfinzqdusax8znco3nj

Ashleigh Atwell
under a min
• 10 days ago

Verda Byrd was adopted by a black family, and grew up thinking she was a light-skinned black woman until 2014, when she found out her biological parents were both white, WLTX 19 reports.

Byrd who published a book, "Seventy Years of Blackness," in December 2017 says she never questioned her race until she began researching her biological family in 2013.

"I didn't know what I was," she said. "It was never told to me that I was white."

Byrd is the biological daughter of Daisy and Earl Beagle, a poor white couple with four other children at the time of her birth.

Her father abandoned the family in 1943 and her mother sustained a traumatic injury after falling from a trolley when Byrd was five months old. The children were later taken by the state. Daisy regained custody of all of Byrd’s siblings, except for Byrd, who was adopted by Ray and Edwinna Wagner, a black couple, and renamed Verda Ann. She was raised as an only child.

Byrd’s biological parents were dead by time she made the discovery, but she doesn’t feel like she missed out.

“No, I don't regret,” she said. “Because the way I understand it now is they probably wouldn't have been able to provide the good life that I've had.”

She eventually visited Daisy’s grave and had a reunion with three of her biological sisters, Sybil Panko, Debbie Romero and Kathyrn Gutierrez, but the happy reunion was short-lived when Panko used the n-word. :mjpls:

Panko died in 2016 and Byrd was barred from the funeral; Panko made the request in writing. :mjpls: Byrd's remaining blood sister stopped speaking to her after the death, and left her dismayed by the rejection.

"What did I do? I found you," she said of the incident. "You are my sisters."

I thought it was TI's wife Tiny

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
:mjlol: Her moms didnt get her back because she aint want her back. She needs to realize she was that forbidden mistake her fake ass moms wanted to get rid of. Theres also a reason why her bytch ass sister said what she said. She knows the secret :mjpls:

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is a DNA test not of the first things they did, especially these days?
Her "adopted" dad probably knocked up the poor caccette and her white husband dipped when he found out...hence why the her black dad's family "adopted" her.
Was it even that easy for a black couple to adopt a white baby back then? Seems like everyone but her was in on it.
The (potential) real story sounds even interesting then this obvious bs
She can't be that niave right?
They should do a follow up on one of those tv shows or something

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
We got half black folks thinking they white and white folk thinking they black. The world is so messed up.