Woman Charged With Murder After She Reportedly Took Abortion Pill She Ordered Online

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So, when are you going to adopt one of the 100,000+ black children in foster care (the most overrepresented group in foster care)?

My contribution is fair and proportional. I deposit my nut in the condom and not her uterus:comeon:
simple.

Now if you cant do that, but want to commit murder or have someone else raise your seed at their own expense because of your shytty choices thats ultimately on you.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Georgia Drops Murder Charges Against Kenlissa Jones Since Law Explicitly Forbids Charging Pregnant Women For 'Unlawful' Abortion
"Georgia law does not permit prosecution" of woman who took abortion pill, says district attorney.

-womenonwavesorg.jpg
Georgia prosecutors have dropped the murder charges brought against 23-year-old Kenlissa Jones, who attempted to abort her pregnancy at around five months by taking an abortion drug that she ordered online. The drug sent Jones into early labor, delivering a child that allegedly was alive but died soon thereafter. Jones was originally charged with malice murder and possession of a dangerous drug, and was held in the Dougherty County jail without bond from Saturday through her release Wednesday.

The Dougherty County district attorney's office is still charging Jones with misdemeanor possesion of a dangerous drug (Cytotec, also known by the generic name misoprostol). But it dropped the murder charges after District Attorney Greg Edwards realized that "Georgia law does not permit prosecution of Ms Jones for any alleged acts relating to the end of her pregnancy."

Georgia law states that any abortion performed after the first trimester must take place in a licensed hospital or health facility. But "although third parties could be criminally prosecuted for their actions relating to an illegal abortion," Edwards said in a statement, "as the law currently stands in Georgia, criminal prosecution of a pregnant woman for her own actions against her unborn child does not seem permitted. Applicable criminal law and statutes provide explicit immunity from prosecution for a pregnant woman for any unlawful termination of her pregnancy."

Georgia also has a tentative ban on abortions after 20 weeks pregnancy, but it's been temporarily blocked by a state judge.

Jones' brother told The Washington Post that his sister is "mentally unstable" and didn't have the money it would cost to obtain a surgical abortion. State pathologists conducted an autopsy on Jones' baby to see if it ever took a breath, but officials have yet to say whether a live birth occured

Well :yeshrug:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Autopsy scheduled in 'abortion pill' death
Jim Wallace, Christian McKinney
Jun 10, 2015 11:56 AM
ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An autopsy will be conducted on a baby who died after investigators said his mother took an abortion pill.

Kenlissa Jones, 23, was charged with malice murder and possession of a dangerous drug.

Prosecutors said she purchased a drug called Cytotec from a source in Canada over the Internet, which caused her to deliver the baby boy, who died after about half an hour at a hospital

GBI pathologists checked samples from the baby Tuesday.

"Our job is now to find out the cause and the manner of death. What happened. The circumstances around her. We heard she took pills, or whatever. But we want to make sure everything is kosher, not just hearsay," said Dougherty County Coroner Michael Fowler.

Fowler said part of the need for the autopsy is to determine if the baby ever took a breath, which could help officially rule that a birth occurred.

Jones was placed in the Dougherty County Jail without bond. She has another son who is just under two years old.

Georgia Law on abortions:

No abortions are authorized after the first trimester unless it is performed in a licensed hospital, in a licensed ambulatory surgical center, or in a health facility licensed as an abortion facility by the Department of Community Health.

No abortion is authorized or shall be performed if the probable gestational age of the unborn child has been determined in accordance with Code Section 31-9B-2 to be 20 weeks or more unless the pregnancy is diagnosed as medically futile, as such term is defined in Code Section 31-9B-1, or in reasonable medical judgment the abortion is necessary to avert the death of the pregnant woman or avert serious risk of substantial and irreversible physical impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman. O.C.G.A. § 16-12-141 (2014)

Raava

Staff member
Daps
  • Dap

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
the story itself..... :dahell: she could have put up the child for adoption 5 months developed is plain ole murder, you know how psychologically fukked to kill something like a baby inside of you and feel it die.... :mindblown:

:comeon:

You don't know the psychological effects it would've had on her had she had to carry this child to term, go through the whole birthing process, then give it up for adoption. If she waited 5.5 months, I'm sure she weighed her options and she felt this was best.

People swear adoption is as easy as spitting the baby out, giving it away and everybody's happy.

Daps
Hmmm.... I am almost five month pregnant with my first child... To read this... It's disturbing... But as much as we are quick to bash her.. I don't know her situation.. So all I can do is sympathize for her... She's either one of two ppl one who really didn't care... And in that case I'll pray for her ... But she could have panicked was worried and decided to go thru with it... Again it's sad I wish she would have at least thought about putting the child up for adoption if she didn't want another... I feel like she didn't wanna do this alone again.. Another fatherless child.... Or I'm over thinking

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: She was 5 and a half months along, over half way through the pregnancy. You can feel the baby moving, it can recognize the moms voice, they have their sex, face is formed, etc...:(

I don't know the story behind the pregnancy, her mental state, situation etc... But just a face value its murder to me...
What if she just found out though? I don't see it as murder at all.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
What if she just found out though? I don't see it as murder at all.

Like I said at face value to me it's murder and I didn't know her situation or mental state. I know how hard mentally pregnancy is...I also posted later on that after hearing more about her story I sympathized with her more. Her brother said she didn't have the money to get the surgical one so she might have known but that doesn't prove that. I just still don't see being over half way through the pregnancy as right the baby is alive, very developed and has a high rate of survival put the womb :yeshrug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said at face value to me it's murder and I didn't know her situation or mental state. I know how hard mentally pregnancy is...I also posted later on that after hearing more about her story I sympathized with her more. Her brother said she didn't have the money to get the surgical one so she might have known but that doesn't prove that. I just still don't see being over half way through the pregnancy as right the baby is alive, very developed and has a high rate of survival put the womb :yeshrug:
As bad as this sounds I would rather the child be dead than unwanted or an orphan. We have enough children that need good parents.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
As bad as this sounds I would rather the child be dead than unwanted or an orphan. We have enough children that need good parents.

I agree, Im pro choice. Im not a person who just says give it up for adoption because I know how the system is. That is why this is such a touchy subject because it has a lot of gray areas. Looking at the situation it is probably better the baby isn't here. I still feel a way. Idk its hard.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I agree, Im pro choice. Im not a person who just says give it up for adoption because I know how the system is. That is why this is such a touchy subject because it has a lot of gray areas. Looking at the situation it is probably better the baby isn't here. I still feel a way. Idk its hard.
:therethere:
yeah, it is hard

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
:comeon:

You don't know the psychological effects it would've had on her had she had to carry this child to term, go through the whole birthing process, then give it up for adoption. If she waited 5.5 months, I'm sure she weighed her options and she felt this was best.

People swear adoption is as easy as spitting the baby out, giving it away and everybody's happy.

What about the psychological effects she will have on her now that she knows she killed that baby?

• Dap