wolverin thread--- then and now..

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Where can I download those joints outside of Torrents? For the life of me I can't get torrents to work.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The DC stuff never worked until this last make over and it's been selling well ever since. Especially the Batman line.

I said the reboot will fail 1 year in, after the novelty of the new world wears off, people will realize they are no longer reading about the characters they grew to love, but remixed versions of them all.

Batman is an outlier because he always sells and is the DC Franchise, the bulk of the NuDC is a jumbled mess because even the writers have expressed complaints on how nobody knows where the time periods of the characters are. Its all to appeal to casuals, but those types never really stick around and it turns off the hardcores.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Wolverine has never carried stories that center around him during the biggest X-events. He draws to a degree but he never drew more than the Uncanny X-Men/X-Men line. Claremont's X-men #1 went 8x platinum and Wolverine DAMN sure wasn't the focus in that or during the marketing in 1991 so that was always it's own island.

Whaaaa?

Uncanny X-men/X-Men is his book to a degree. Nobody else in that book draws to the extent he does, but I will fully acknowledge its a "team effort" with Wolverine, Magneto, Gambit, The X-Hoes, Xavier, Cyclops, etc. Not one of those characters is bigger than the X-franchise, but Wolverine is clearly the MVP of it.

But after X-Men #3 , that whole Omega Red introduction was built around Logan's past and his conflicts and he pretty much took center stage (look at the covers) on the book until X-Men #25 with his encounter with Magneto after he left the book (but still managed to make comebacks from the Phalanx Covenent on).

You want to compare his solo book to the team book (which is not a fair comparison) I get you, but those 2 books supplement each other more than compete. You'd be better off comparing X-Men/Uncanny to Avengers or Fantastic Four, which X-men blows them out of the water, in the same fashion Wolverine's solo book blew Captain America, Iron Man and Thor's books out of the water.

Spidey/Logan combo = Austin/Rock combo

Age of Apocalypse was a masterpiece....if you DL every title in chronological order, it's all genius. Mark Waid and Lobdell were on fire. The way it all connected together from piller to post was perfect. Holocaust should of came out of that event a REAL big deal since he was the biological son of Apocalypse but they didn't push him hard enough.

I own the whole run.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The eulogy had Wolverine calling him "Chuck Xavier" and rambling about how they failed the dream. Should of been Storm who did that eulogy or Kitty Pryde. The thing with Cyclops in jail had him getting on Cyclops case but Cyclops had a slick answer for everything and got on Wolverine about his responsibilities and how he brought mutants back with his gamble...going the 2003 route of "Cyclops Was Right". Almost sounding like an unapologetic villain who doesn't sound ALL that sorry that Xavier died:laugh:

That was some of the worst bullshyt horseshyt, I ever read.
Hopefully, they pull a bobby from Dallas is in the shower.
Then say, the white queen hanged him or sumfin.
As the idea that cyke would be the character they have him portrayed as now is the biggest crock of shyt, ever.
shyt lol status of awfulness.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The bi weekly Amazing Spider Man has been the highest selling book next to Uncanny X-Men and A vs X...other than that, it's DC ruling the top 20.

The X-Men were the highest sellling not because of Wolverine but because it reached a new level in the 90s under Claremont and then everything after never fell off. X-Man used to #4 under Uncanny/X-Men/Wolverine in 1996. That's how much anything that was X used to sell back then. They dominated the top 10 for YEARS. Wolverine never outsold Uncanny or X-Men..not even his anniversary issues. But he was the one that could carry a title. Age of Apocalypse was the last great Crossover that reached legendary status and that story was about Magneto/Apocalypse/Rogue/Bishop/Holocaust/Quicksilver/Sinister/X-Man than anything else.

Age of apocalypse sucked't!!
Holocaust sucked't......

Marvel is so far from homebase,...it is ridiculous.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:dwillhuh: DC is constantly deleting their continuity and Marvel creates 747 size plot holes in theirs. :Wtf: is wrong with these guys

I have no idea.
I really wanna say yes you can make money.
Yet do not disrespect the reason why you got money in the first place.
The shyt marvel is doing is so skewed on th revenue grab spectrum.
It just makes reading their shyt a complete fukking chore.
I would never buy a marvel mag and I have not bought a marvel mag in like seventeen years.

That is how long marvel has been churning out disrespectfuy low poor quality mags.

Art Barr

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:dwillhuh: DC is constantly deleting their continuity and Marvel creates 747 size plot holes in theirs. :Wtf: is wrong with these guys

its cuz they shook, they dont know how to END storylines, and introduce new shyt while keeping it piff. they always think they are gonna lose readers...but they always gonna lose readers... and now its all fukked, cuz they dont separate the movies from the comics, and try to mix in the 2hr movie plots into 40yr long continuity.

in the first 20-30yrs of xmen, xavier "died" once, in the last 10yrs or so, the nikkas has died like 7 times. :wtf:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art.... You my nikka...

But you bout to get tabled for this shyt

Apocalypse as a villain spun out of control.
After he blew up ship.
Age of apocalypse was fukkery on top of the other fukkery lobdell was allowed to institute unchecked.
After lee had to plot the damn book for duke.
Before Jim lee left.

Dude has no idea about marvel or xmen continuity.
Plus, was the first wave of awful xmen writers which has went unchecked with poor quality for code to twenty years now.

Art Barr

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'm not sure how the x-men tolerate him. He was tryna fukk Jean while she was married to Scott, he was tryna fukk Storm while she was dating Forge. He was tryna fukk Vindicator while she was married to Guardian.

I had a comic a long time ago where he is tryna fukk Mary Jane Watson. I'm like, breh... you never help Spiderman fight nobody in the Spidey books, now you over there tryna mess his hometown thang up??

:foh:
th

Look at her expression :huhldup: :dead:

And he's like 150+ years old. That makes him one of the oldest creepy old men in history... always hanging around Jubilee. :scust:
62-1992-Texeira-BY.jpg
Look at him snifing her hair with his super senses:francis:

Ppl always shyt on Cyclops and think Wolverine is cool.
Nah breh... Cyclops just sees threw his bs. He's the only one who sees him for what he is... like Sgt.Doakes from Dexter.
th
detail.jpg

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I'm not sure how the x-men tolerate him. He was tryna fukk Jean while she was married to Scott, he was tryna fukk Storm while she was dating Forge. He was tryna fukk Vindicator while she was married to Guardian.

I had a comic a long time ago where he is tryna fukk Mary Jane Watson. I'm like, breh... you never help Spiderman fight nobody in the Spidey books, now you over there tryna mess his hometown thang up??

:foh:
th

Look at her expression :huhldup: :dead:

And he's like 150+ years old. That makes him one of the oldest creepy old men in history... always hanging around Jubilee. :scust:
62-1992-Texeira-BY.jpg
Look at him snifing her hair with his super senses:francis:

Ppl always shyt on Cyclops and think Wolverine is cool.
Nah breh... Cyclops just sees threw his bs. He's the only one who sees him for what he is... like Sgt.Doakes from Dexter.
th
detail.jpg

fukk fighting supervillains and shyt, Logan trying to fukk somebody's wife....

...Hairy Midget style :shaq: