wolverin thread--- then and now..

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
if he disappears for awhile and resurfaces as the assholish surly badass who doesnt give a fukk people would probably like him a bit more, but thats the thing in order to pull that off youre going to have to make him more of a villain type of character, itd make sense since sabretooths back, everyone who gets close to him gets hurt

wolverine_of_marc_silvestri_by_tonofcartoons-d35l70a.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He don't outsell Spider Man and you don't see them saying that Spider-Man went back into time and started the Avengers or Fantastic Four now, do you?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I remember when his healing factor wasnt as strong as it was, one of my fondest memories is when he fought the reavers and like van damme in cyborg they crucify him

uncanny251.jpg

Victor Creed is back now though :win:

Didnt Wolverine kill sabretooth with that sword? dafaq?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
He don't outsell Spider Man and you don't see them saying that Spider-Man went back into time and started the Avengers or Fantastic Four now, do you?

At times, he has, particularly lately as all the Spidey books took a huge hit after OMD. But the X-Men franchise has been Marvel's top selling franchise for the longest and Logan is the poster boy of that franchise.

And that wouldn't make sense anyway as Spidey's tenure with those 2 teams didn't come to much much later

Oh and for the record, I DON'T like or agree with them retconning the X-Men history with this mini. Its purely a cash grab tho

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Don't forget this X-Men First Class mini going on right now which is a retcon and saying that Wolverine STARTED the X-Men along with Sabretooth and Xavier:laugh: That's how fukkED UP and HOW FAR this Wolverine jackoff party in New York has gotten:gag:

thats just terrible.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
At times, he has, particularly lately as all the Spidey books took a huge hit after OMD. But the X-Men franchise has been Marvel's top selling franchise for the longest and Logan is the poster boy of that franchise.

And that wouldn't make sense anyway as Spidey's tenure with those 2 teams didn't come to much much later

Oh and for the record, I DON'T like or agree with them retconning the X-Men history with this mini. Its purely a cash grab tho

The bi weekly Amazing Spider Man has been the highest selling book next to Uncanny X-Men and A vs X...other than that, it's DC ruling the top 20.

The X-Men were the highest sellling not because of Wolverine but because it reached a new level in the 90s under Claremont and then everything after never fell off. X-Man used to #4 under Uncanny/X-Men/Wolverine in 1996. That's how much anything that was X used to sell back then. They dominated the top 10 for YEARS. Wolverine never outsold Uncanny or X-Men..not even his anniversary issues. But he was the one that could carry a title. Age of Apocalypse was the last great Crossover that reached legendary status and that story was about Magneto/Apocalypse/Rogue/Bishop/Holocaust/Quicksilver/Sinister/X-Man than anything else.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
is that wolverine and the 1st xmen in continuity? i thought it was a out continuity mini...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's supposed to be a LONG lost tale of how the X-Men started. It goes against so much Claremont shyt and the first stuff with Magneto/Xavier that it's beyond stupid and it's getting bashed like no other comic this year. It's sad too because Gage is a really good writer and he's being wasted on some silly shyt like that.

Everything is just too silly. He's now 6'2 or better and taller than Storm when he used to look like a midget next to her. LOL@how tall they made him in that Wolverine and the X-Men show. Hilarious. Now he's some great ladies man that a character like Domino would lay down with on some slimy shyt and he and Jean is supposed to have some unrequited love bullshyt going on even though he's never seen her p*ssy in his LIFE:laugh: What's next? He's gonna end up with Enchantress or some shyt? How far does it go?:laugh:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:dwillhuh: DC is constantly deleting their continuity and Marvel creates 747 size plot holes in theirs. :Wtf: is wrong with these guys

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The DC stuff never worked until this last make over and it's been selling well ever since. Especially the Batman line.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
appreciate the bump..

how many times has the marvel universe been reset?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Never. They just do alternate universes...like the Ultimate line, M2, or the 2099 line from the 90s.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The bi weekly Amazing Spider Man has been the highest selling book next to Uncanny X-Men and A vs X...other than that, it's DC ruling the top 20.

The X-Men were the highest sellling not because of Wolverine but because it reached a new level in the 90s under Claremont and then everything after never fell off. X-Man used to #4 under Uncanny/X-Men/Wolverine in 1996. That's how much anything that was X used to sell back then. They dominated the top 10 for YEARS. Wolverine never outsold Uncanny or X-Men..not even his anniversary issues. But he was the one that could carry a title. Age of Apocalypse was the last great Crossover that reached legendary status and that story was about Magneto/Apocalypse/Rogue/Bishop/Holocaust/Quicksilver/Sinister/X-Man than anything else.

Uncanny X-Men has been the flagship title of the X-Universe since the beginning, so I'm not surprised its been one of/the top selling book. Overall I would agree Spidey is Marvel's top draw, but Logan is a close 2nd, but I feel the X-Franchise is overall more profitable for Marvel due to the size and scope of it all. Wolverine was always the biggest draw of the X-Men tho. And its crazy to me how Marvel sacrifices from their top characters to push their lesser characters. But hey... if it gets that guap...

AoA is my favorite storyline of all time

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Wolverine has never carried stories that center around him during the biggest X-events. He draws to a degree but he never drew more than the Uncanny X-Men/X-Men line. Claremont's X-men #1 went 8x platinum and Wolverine DAMN sure wasn't the focus in that or during the marketing in 1991 so that was always it's own island.

Age of Apocalypse was a masterpiece....if you DL every title in chronological order, it's all genius. Mark Waid and Lobdell were on fire. The way it all connected together from piller to post was perfect. Holocaust should of came out of that event a REAL big deal since he was the biological son of Apocalypse but they didn't push him hard enough.