Wolf of Wall St.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
they are gonna snub them...marty and leo were heckled by academy critics at the screening. It was so bad they rushed to the elevator immediately after the movie. One critic was running to them telling them they should be ashamed of themselves :heh:

I live in the midwest so I had a bunch of old white couples walking out of the theater when I went..

Shoulda hit them with the

4b335bba7661873b_make_it_rain.xxxlarge.gif

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who noticed/thought that in the final scene with the detective riding the train, after taking survey of the subway he was riding, he flashes a look of regret like he realized Belfort was right and that life as a detective is in fact shytty?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Am I the only one who noticed/thought that in the final scene with the detective riding the train, after taking survey of the subway he was riding, he flashes a look of regret like he realized Belfort was right and that life as a detective is in fact shytty?

Agree to an extent but I think it also went back to where Belfort is telling him how policemen, firemen, etc. are underpaid/underappreciated in this country as they, the working class.. are the people who hold us as a nation together. I don't think it was a social commentary by Scorsese, just.. that it throws it all out there for us to digest.

That's one of the things I love about the movie. Scorsese isn't preaching to the viewer as much as he is laying the cards on the table and allowing us to decide for ourselves. Anyone who thinks it's Scorsese's job or duty as the director to feed us his thoughts on morality needs to :camby:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

to an extent. i took it as him not the same great satisfaction and accolades of doing his job as Belfort. like he wouldn't accept any amount of $$$ from leo or do dirt because of his own moral code and beliefs so after all that to take him down u think this dude would've celebrated in some way but it was like nah back to this crossword puzzle

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
they are gonna snub them...marty and leo were heckled by academy critics at the screening. It was so bad they rushed to the elevator immediately after the movie. One critic was running to them telling them they should be ashamed of themselves :heh:
Too much drugs and hookers for these old academy geezers

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to an extent. i took it as him not the same great satisfaction and accolades of doing his job as Belfort. like he wouldn't accept any amount of $$$ from leo or do dirt because of his own moral code and beliefs so after all that to take him down u think this dude would've celebrated in some way but it was like nah back to this crossword puzzle

But the moment of pause that he has didn't really indicate that, to me it was more like :beli: "maaan...fukk."

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i knew that scene was important but I couldn't process it's meaning quick enough.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Agree to an extent but I think it also went back to where Belfort is telling him how policemen, firemen, etc. are underpaid/underappreciated in this country as they, the working class.. are the people who hold us as a nation together. I don't think it was a social commentary by Scorsese, just.. that it throws it all out there for us to digest.

That's one of the things I love about the movie. Scorsese isn't preaching to the viewer as much as he is laying the cards on the table and allowing us to decide for ourselves. Anyone who thinks it's Scorsese's job or duty as the director to feed us his thoughts on morality needs to :camby:

I'd say this is pretty spot-on. The one person in the movie with the moral grounds to protect the system is ironically also the only person not to gain from the system.