Wolf of Wall St.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So in your opinion does a game like GTA5 fall in the same category of "cheating" for success/entertainment appeal because it delves into the same subject matter as WOW? Can they not be considered to be good games/movies for reasons other than their extreme content?
I still have yet to play GTA5.. but I enjoyed WOW, its good. It just read an article in the WSJ which went into depth on how he actually milk fools of their money. I wanted the film to touch a little more on that. Scorsesse just leaned too much on the sex and drugs like a comedy falling relying on fart sounds and jokes to keep people glued in. Wolf was definitely entertaining but it just needed more story imo

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Excellent movie.

This movie represents the REAL American dream excess, debauchery and getting rich quickly. Are people on their high horse and should they put their moral compasses away? Or are a lot of us assimilated and desensitized to the familiar lifestyles that those with a certain type of wealth practice? It's exaggerated and excessive but it's neither out of the realm of possibility or fiction.

Is Belfort a crook? Abso-f*cking-lutely but let's be real here, the upper % don't like Jordan Belfort because he spent a lot of time scamming from the "wrong side" of the tracks.

Did Scorsese purposefully shy away from Belfort being a Jew to get this movie green-lit? :leostare:

Decaprio has become one of my favorite actors and this was Hill's break out performance no matter how well this movie does at the box office or award shows. If a movie can effortless hold the attention of my lady for 2 hours and 59 minutes, that's some damn good writing.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In other news...

Well now this looks interesting. Deadline is reporting that longtime friends Q-Tip and Leonardo DiCaprio are teaming up, along with Jonah Hill, to produce a TV series based on Tip’s experiences during the Native Tongues era.

It’s unclear what type of storyline the show will follow, but it’s being described as a drama that will focus on the friendships of the artists involved with the movement and the influence of their music both at the time and now.

The as yet untitled show will be produced through DiCaprio’s Appian Way production company and will be pitched to networks next week. The NT collective, anchored by A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul and The Jungle Brothers was of course one of the most influential and groundbreaking alliances of artists in Rap history, so the stories should be deep.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Man I just saw this last night at the theatre finally. I thought it was piff. :leostare: was great as always, but Jonah hill was really good I thought as well. I also like rob Reiner as Leo's dad. He had funny lines too. But I didn't expect it to be such a comedy. I laughed damn near the entire three hours. That part where Leo wrecked the lambo was pure comedy!

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
really? im disappointed in myself for missing the gawd. one of my favorite actors. spotted dumb ass eli getting all hyped to sail into a storm though lmao.

Funny thing about that part is dude wrecked a yacht that probably cost more than the money he was trying to swindle outta Switzerland in the first place.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Is that an actual song that they were humming when they were beating they're chest? Matt mcconaughey did it too early on.

Nope. Apparently it's supposed to be some sort of meditation/relaxation chant. They made it into a song for the end credits though.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorensteffy/2014/01/08/why-i-dont-intend-to-see-the-wolf-of-wall-street/

Haven't seen it yet but I guess this is the gripe people have with the film? They don't show the damage he's done to his victims and it just focuses on the hedonism because of course he knows that the American public was going to eat that shyt up.

Yeah, but when your article is titled "Why I Won't See....", you lose all credibility.

In my opinion, it's not Scorsese or Winter's job to condemn the behavior in the story.

And to be honest, coming away feeling like Belfort got away with his actions and that the victims were an afterthought is pretty much what happened in the real world anyway. Wall Street is still broken and the lower class is still being marginalized.

But I guess that's Martin Scorsese's fault.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Movie was :banderas: about to watch it for the second time. Had to make this for the fam first tho

wolf500_by_thepsydefx-d71rl3d.gif