Wolf of Wall St.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • I think Wolf on Wall Street is a 10 in the entertainment factory only. You're defininitly entertained throughout right from the jump. But overall its a low 7 imo simply because Sorcesses cheated on this one. Its as if he used a cheat code in a video game to get ahead. the cheat was the sex and drugs. Nothing wrong with some sex and drugs in a click, its damn near mandatory but with Scoresse its as if he said, "Oh you're getting board well here's a scene of a chick getting a blowjob, You're falling asleep? well don't snooze off here's a scene of running a train on a hooker with drugs, don't turn away Jonah Hill is literally jacking off infront of a room full of people, you want more ludes you say? coming right up!
and if say they made a phone call, it couldn't just be a regular phone call.. nope it was a phone call while banging a hooker. a phone call in between lines of coke and so forth. Wolf is highly entertaining no doubt and DiCaprio did a hell of a job but minus the excess its not the best story told on screen that's for sure. Margin Call even had more storyline than Wolf. and its not touchin' the first Wall Street movie either.

tv_adebese_upset_20120324_1145937533.png
At no point where there any Trannies nikkaaaaaa!!!!!

What did you expect, this stuff really happened just be happy they cut out the moments before he went to rehab and rehab itself.

You do realize this was a 3+ hour long movie right?

If they added all that you mentioned in detail the movie would of approached 5 hours...

Probably but they should have made these into a sequel....the rise and then the fall. You could probably make a TV show out of this......I hope HBO snaps it up
nfl_ray_rice_desire2_20120419_1096801066.png

Daps
I have to agree with those saying it's overrated.

It's a great movie, thoroughly entertaining, but the hype surrounding it made it seem like it was better than it was.....hands down best movie of the year.

I'm not a prude, so the drugs and sex didn't register as over the top to me, but I see why some might think so. Leo was great, but this was a par performance for him. Jonah Hill stole the show, imo....surprisingly great performance from him.

I'm not surprised the coli picked up on the :mjpls: in this film. Black folks in the film were drivers, waiters, and maids...didn't bother me, since that's probably the only time the ultra rich really interact with us. The only other speaking role was the dude in the infomercial who pretty much told us we're poor cuz we're lazy....can't lie, that made me pause. :patrice:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
good movie. far from martin's best work. foh if you think this is his best. jonah hills character i had problems with. seemed like martin was tryna bring that liotta/pesci chemistry with leo and jonah in this movie and there really wasnt any. mainly because johah is no pesci. his fake accent and teeth didnt help too. 3/5 though. a bit long. and the movie really didnt show a lot of how he got rich just kinda skimmed through it and then when they were explaining ipo's leo goes and says "fukk it, you probably dont understand anything im saying anyways" what a stupid way to skim over important information of what they were doing to make all that money.

Last edited:
Daps
Terence Winter

Writer of Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos and two episodes of Sister, Sister

:dead: @ two episodes of sister sister

It's always funny seeing boardwalk actors randomly in bit roles...Eli, Nuck, and Mayor Bader all made an appearance in this one

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's in the TV show Jordan's parents are watching when they introduce his father and the phone rings, pissing him off.

really? im disappointed in myself for missing the gawd. one of my favorite actors. spotted dumb ass eli getting all hyped to sail into a storm though lmao.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
absolutely loved it..the 3 hours flew by.

the only bit i felt kind of short changed by was the yacht story.
read about it, saw a video of Belfort talking about it so the bit of the film was kind of a let down.

other than that..
a funny, filthy story about a man who was a conman, a showman and a great motivator who got too big for his boots.

Di Caprio was fantastic, Jonah Hill was great.. had that throaty NY Jewish voice down.
oh, and Naomi she looked fantastic and with the Italian/American accent...."oh madonna".

iY3IL1qHst60Z.gif
link?