Wolf of Wall St.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Saw this last night, one of the most entertaining films I've watched in years and a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Leo did his thing as usual but I really thought Jonah stole the show. As ny'er you can almost always tell when some one is faking the accent but Jonah had the Jew Yorker accent down to a T.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Saw it last night with my girl :banderas:

The amount of ass and t*ts shown :banderas:

Probably dicaprio at his finest, jonah hill killed it 2...he was such a fukking idiot tho, i cringed during the shoppin mall scene with shane from TWD and when he called the swiss banker in belforts crib

A bit longer than i expected but i loved every second of it

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very entertaining. Even the classic 3 hour films have 1 or 2 dull parts, this didn't.To me it's the movie of 2013.

Shorty was definitely fine. Can't believe she's 23.

I thought Jonah Hill did better in Moneyball. Leo should've been nominated for Django, don't think Jonah should for this (apparently it's a very category this year).

I think Chiwetel should still get Best Actor....even Forrest

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was splendidly written and showcased. Leo's performance was sublime. However I did feel the film's downplayed the true magnitude of Belfort's crimes. He didn't get rich from beating the stock market -- he got rich by cheating it. He neither had the financial expertise nor the necessary employees to predict trends and invest legally. Instead Belfort tricked investors into buying stock he knew was worthless, and made his money from the sale itself. Later he brought companies to the market and sold their shares to investors -- shares he himself owned -- which meant he profited both from mark up fees AND stock sales. Belfort wasn't really a shrewd stock analyst as a con man.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
movie was just :ohlawd:

Leo played the part to perfection, that country club scene :laff: had to pause it forreal. that 3 hours went quick, i wanted more fukkery.

going to rewatch it next week, Jonah Hill stepped his game up and confirmed hes a legit actor. Moneyball was a sign

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
absolutely loved it..the 3 hours flew by.

the only bit i felt kind of short changed by was the yacht story.
read about it, saw a video of Belfort talking about it so the bit of the film was kind of a let down.

other than that..
a funny, filthy story about a man who was a conman, a showman and a great motivator who got too big for his boots.

Di Caprio was fantastic, Jonah Hill was great.. had that throaty NY Jewish voice down.
oh, and Naomi she looked fantastic and with the Italian/American accent...."oh madonna".

iY3IL1qHst60Z.gif

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the book and here is my analysis
poker_teddy_kgb_serious_20120419_1233571310.png

I was expecting 'The Depraved Chinaman' to play a bigger role in this....Also the rehab was after he snatched the baby and tried to run... The whole Steve Madden debacle went down a little differently
(Why would a company owner dump his own shares?)
movies_eddie_murphy2_serious_20120419_1911244871.png

Where was Naomis mother in this movie ? WHERE THE FUKK WAS ELLIOT?
nba_tracy_mcgrady_upset_20120419_1729255468.png
The silent black chauffeur? Where was the rehab sequence? The attorney that tried to fukk Naomi while he was in rehab ? The rehab owner who wanted in on the stock market action? It just feels a little rushed in terms of editing....

I loved the Quaalude scenes, wish he drooled more just like the book...and there was a serious omission of lavish shopping sprees too.

Jonah Hill actually nailing the Jew Yorker accent down the T
animal_dog_wtf_confused_20120419_1477921246.png

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
Saw it last night. His 2nd wife.... :blessed: Great movie. Everyones acting was on point. Jonah Hill surprised me. Of course DiCaprio killed it as usual