"Woke" black people. Can we discuss these shirts, hashtags, and memes?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What is the point of all this? :francis:

DDQ9Y9jXcAM6fM8.jpg

:what:

I love the show "Insecure."

I'm not a fan of Scandal, but Kerry Washington will always get my respect and support.

But kitschy shirts/phrases/messages like this with these ironic to the point of gauche and tacky just seem to be utterly counterproductive.

The world knows your ass is black. You know you're black. Anyone you wear this shirt around is probably black (unless you're on some :mjpls: tip).

That shirt won't change shyt about how the world sees you. If nothing else, it seems like an (no pun intended) insecure coping mechanism for a world designed to overlook, dismiss, and trivialize your existence.

I get it. Some people have prayer beads. Some people have pocket totems. Some people have lucky underwear. Some people have special blankets.

I get it. We all need that little item to push through

But this shyt is just indicative of all that is OVER-woke and ultimately counterproductive.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I agree that these shirts are trash and counterproductive.

It's usually the "Black people didn't accept me because I listened to rock music" nikkas on this tip. Wild shyt is that they're actually appealing to White people on some "I'm not like those other Blacks" type shyt.

:francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I agree that these shirts are trash and counterproductive.

It's usually the "Black people didn't accept me because I listened to rock music" nikkas on this tip. Wild shyt is that they're actually appealing to White people on some "I'm not like those other Blacks" type shyt.

:francis:
I mean, I get it.

I completely get it.

And in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. Me even talking about this is ultimately pointless.

But its just like...Really? Who are you trying to impress with that this? Why are you going out of your way to do this?

And you know what the uncomfortable truth is? Every time we do this shyt, it inspires some angry loser who spends all day gulping down alt-right, white supremacist bullshyt to take further action cause he "can't express himself." We move1 step to the left, they move 5 steps to the right.

If we're going to rub this in people's faces, we gotta be smarter and more strategic. Being woke seems to be more interesting than doing things that are actually useful.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's usually the "Black people didn't accept me because I listened to rock music" nikkas on this tip.

:laff: This is SO true :dead:

Now that everyone's online this is that "well I like N*E*R*D and punk rock so let me signal to people I'm dope."

Its sheer projection and insecurity.

Cause what you won't see Colin Kaepernick do is wear this shyt. He'll just wear a shirt with the leaders themselves or the images themselves.

Just being on some cutesy "I'm black" bullshyt is the epitome of everything thats wrong with the whole "woke" trend.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I mean, I get it.

I completely get it.

And in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. Me even talking about this is ultimately pointless.

But its just like...Really? Who are you trying to impress with that this? Why are you going out of your way to do this?

And you know what the uncomfortable truth is? Every time we do this shyt, it inspires some angry loser who spends all day gulping down alt-right, white supremacist bullshyt to take further action cause he "can't express himself." We move1 step to the left, they move 5 steps to the right.

If we're going to rub this in people's faces, we gotta be smarter and more strategic. Being woke seems to be more interesting than doing things that are actually useful.

Being "woke" is another avenue for Black people to show off for each other.

If you ever find yourself in the company of more than a handful of "over-woke" Black folk it'll be the Black equivalent of @4d 6f 6e 65 79 in Higher Learning discussing geopolitics with clones of himself that are completely oblivious that they're basically the same person.

It's all mental masturbation and it almost always fails to be constructive, because everyone present is more concerned with proving that they're more intelligent/woke/informed than their Black brothers/sisters. No one is interested in listening, they're all talking over each other because there's no room for anyone to be wrong when they all believe they're right. It's a big fukking waste of time and all it does is turn off Black onlookers who will eventually find the shyt to be overwhelming and exhausting.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Being "woke" is another avenue for Black people to show off for each other.

If you ever find yourself in the company of more than a handful of "over-woke" Black folk it'll be the Black equivalent of @4d 6f 6e 65 79 in Higher Learning discussing geopolitics with clones of himself that are completely oblivious that they're basically the same person.

It's all mental masturbation and it almost always fails to be constructive, because everyone present is more concerned with proving that they're more intelligent/woke/informed than their Black brothers/sisters. No one is interested in listening, they're all talking over each other because there's no room for anyone to be wrong when they all believe they're right. It's a big fukking waste of time and all it does is turn off Black onlookers who will eventually find the shyt to be overwhelming and exhausting.
:what: :letmesee:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Bingo!
"Just because I speak the English language properly...." type nikkas.

it's especially bad for Black women because white men can eat so easily off these types. All they gotta do is wear a man bun and express even the faintest interest and these women are prepared to fukk them all the way to the promised land all while holding great contempt for Black men they only love in a non-literal sense.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
Most of those shirts with any kind of sayings or phrases on them are solely for attention. Seems like people only wear shyt like that to be viewed as different or to stir up controversy. You know everyone nowadays gotta act like they activists for something or making a difference somehow. It's the same as when people change their facebook profile pictures to "Pray for ____" when a disaster happens or some dumb shyt like that.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The world knows your ass is black. You know you're black. Anyone you wear this shirt around is probably black (unless you're on some :mjpls: tip).

That shirt won't change shyt about how the world sees you. If nothing else, it seems like an (no pun intended) insecure coping mechanism for a world designed to overlook, dismiss, and trivialize your existence.

But this shyt is just indicative of all that is OVER-woke and ultimately counterproductive.

There are black people who despite the color of their skin try to minimize their blackness or draw attention away from it to appease and/or appeal to whites and other non-blacks. These actions are harmful to us all, they give the impression that we don't value ourselves and give credence to the various stereotypes and racist imagery being promoted by racists. This is why we have self affirming statements, such as black is beautiful, black power, etc. This is a war waged on our body and mind as well as the minds of non-blacks. When non-black individuals see a black person who is unapologetic-ally black by way of their non-mainstream attire or hair, etc, it signifies that they have pride in themselves and their people. There no such thing as OVER-woke. You know whats counter productive? Campaigning for other blacks to tone it down when racist propaganda hasn't let up one damn bit. Battles are being fought on all fronts, there's levels to this shyt.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it's especially bad for Black women because white men can eat so easily off these types. All they gotta do is wear a man bun and express even the faintest interest and these women are prepared to fukk them all the way to the promised land all while holding great contempt for Black men they only love in a non-literal sense.
I see this ALL the time on social media.

One semi-woke white dude gets 50K retweets/likes/replies

shyt is HILARIOUS :dead: