WOAT Artstyle You've Seen In Gaming?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
that generic anime art style in gaming was always scust to me

AAeeq6AACDAv.jpg

the games look utterly interchangeable :blink:

also, Fornite's artstyle seems like it was created by a corporate algorithm or something. just meant to be as bland and safe as possible

AAZpkeAACCoi.jpg

and why they got the black man in pink :dry:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I honestly don't even know. If a game's artstyle doesn't appeal to me, I usually don't even get into it off GP tbh, lol. Granted, I think some of the ones you've chosen as far as the generic anime ones, I see your point with, tho some of them, like the YS series posted there, I while not being too thrilled with it, wasn't off-putting enough for me to not try it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya that’s one reason why I don’t like a lot of JRPG games…chics with all kinds of color hair and effeminate dudes with odd color eyes…get it off my screen! :flabbynsick:

fortnite’s art style is goofy but I was surprised by how fun the gameplay was…PUBG graphics with fortnite gameplay/game mechanics would’ve been dope, but I’m not the target audience I’m sure

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hate that basic bytch anime style also and I actually like anime. That overly weeby shyt has gotten so cringey to me, the plot lines too.

ill also throw salt and sanctuary on that list. A game that I would love to play and get into but I absolutely hate how it looks. It looks like some cheesy new grounds flash game from the 90’s, just ugly af. I was willing to give them some leeway as indie devs but even the sequel sticks to the ugly ass style, which just makes me think its a personal choice of theirs and not a limitation

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I hate the snes pixel look on indie games

This is 2021, your personal computer is strong enough to create ps3 level graphics at this point, stop using indie games as your excuse
I've been seeing more and more of these making a comeback and everytime I see a new one im just like :francis: cause I can't tell if they did it because of nostalgia bait, laziness or its the trend or all three :francis:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The 2.5D style on Nintendo games like new super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, metroid 2 remake and the upcoming metroid dredd.

I would much rather have a 2d mario and metroid game with an artstyle similar to games like hollow knight, Ori, and Rayman orgins.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is 2021, your personal computer is strong enough to create ps3 level graphics at this point, stop using indie games as your excuse

I've been seeing more and more of these making a comeback and everyone I see a new one im just like :francis: cause I can't tell if they did it because of nostalgia bait, laziness or its the trend or all three :francis:

add me too when it comes to these 2D/8-bit games :unimpressed:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Take away SNES pixel look and place it with NES/Sega Master system looking shyts and I mostly agree. It can work sometimes and be really well done (Katana Zero and Huntdown do those styles gracious justice), but I do detest games that go for that like just to be doing to it, whether it be just to be retro and pixel or to be cheap. fukk outta here with that. Gotta put some style into that shyt.