Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4) (March 3, 2023)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This shyt aint gripping me like it should.

shyt seems mashy as hell so far

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
This shyt aint gripping me like it should.

shyt seems mashy as hell so far

It does look mashy as hell from the vids I’ve seen but I’m probably gonna cop anyway on the strength of it being Three Kingdoms based

My backlog is looking crazy this year

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It does look mashy as hell from the vids I’ve seen but I’m probably gonna cop anyway on the strength of it being Three Kingdoms based

My backlog is looking crazy this year

It def seems like a step back from Nioh 2 which I somehow spent 300 hours on after I said it was mid :dead: maybe thatll happen with this but really not feeling the flow of combat but I also hated sekiro sooooo

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a very old way of creating tension. Before they figured out proper camera controls and character animations/movement, Resident Evil's ambience was supported by the limited angle of view and incredibly horrible controls. You could easily die in any engagement due to the terrible camera and movement.
A LOT of 3rd person action games like souls also suffer from less than ideal camera controls and limited movement. A lot of the hardcore fans jump to the "get gud" response but for me, it's a matter of patience I just don't have. I game doesn't HAVE TO have incredibly long drawn out fights with 2 - 3 hit deaths to be challenging and more importantly to be fun. I much rather have an agile character than can move on the same level as the enemies and do similar damage. I'm not saying souls games suck because they don't. Me personally, I just don't have the patience they require.
Thinking about it now, Onimusha immediately comes to mind when I think of a game that had limited movement but still keep the player on a relatively equal playing field with the enemies. It did suffer from poor camera controls and angles but, Samanosuke (if I recall the main character's name correctly) had evade mechanics that work incredibly well and kept you from getting wrecked left and right in ways that would otherwise feel cheesy.
You saying that remind me of ninja gaiden games once you master the controls you can make Ryu Hayabusa move and hit as hard and fast as any enemies and bosses in the game :whoo:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
It def seems like a step back from Nioh 2 which I somehow spent 300 hours on after I said it was mid :dead: maybe thatll happen with this but really not feeling the flow of combat but I also hated sekiro sooooo

Ironically I felt the same about Nioh 2 but I didn’t play it for more than 30 minutes :mjlol:

I’m probably gonna hate myself for getting this game for that reason :yeshrug:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Bruh I'm actually digging the direction they took Wo Long versus what they did with Nioh. And I'm a Nioh veteran, I got every achievement for both Nioh's and all DLC included.

I'm fukking with this game heavy based on several aspects such as....
- The jump ability
- The lack of a stamina bar for attacking
- The morale system
- The different weapons and armor (I love the 3 Kingdoms Look)
- Summoning AI teammates from the 3 Kingdoms Era
- the return of 3-man co-op

I'm interested in taking a deep dive in this joint over the weekend :ehh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I'm actually digging the direction they took Wo Long versus what they did with Nioh. And I'm a Nioh veteran, I got every achievement for both Nioh's and all DLC included.

I'm fukking with this game heavy based on several aspects such as....
- The jump ability
- The lack of a stamina bar for attacking
- The morale system
- The different weapons and armor (I love the 3 Kingdoms Look)
- Summoning AI teammates from the 3 Kingdoms Era
- the return of 3-man co-op

I'm interested in taking a deep dive in this joint over the weekend :ehh:

The morale system is just added busy work in levels. Its a poor way of balancing shyt since unless you a masochist youre gonna want to grab all of them first run cuz ur build isnt optimal

Jump is cool.

Weapons pretty dry so far, def nothing as interesting as switch glaive etc.

Magic seems horrid as you pump ur spirit all the way to the max on use and then next hit you stun. They trolling with the duration of the fire/ice/toxin weapon magics lasting like 4 seconds :dead:

Lack of stamina is neither here nor there for me if you were decent at ki blast u never really gassed ur mana anyway.

IDK im only on mission 5 or so and I wasnt all in on nioh 2 initially either and I hate played that shyt all the way to the chasms or whatver that shyt was called where they start throwing 2-3 bosses at you at a time. Have no idea how I put myself through that nonsense :snoop:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
There my dumb*** goes buying a game that isn't from FromSoft day 1 on PC :snoop: game won't even load up and I'm hearing the PC port is s*** across the board. Bought with CDKeys so can't get a refund either :damn: bought off the goodwill of Nioh 2 and this is how Team Ninja reward me :wow:

Man that shyt got like a 32% on steam. Sorry it had to be u breh :wow:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Man that shyt got like a 32% on steam. Sorry it had to be u breh :wow:

Exactly why I be pirating all these damn games. Actually paid for Nioh2 and hardly used the Co-op but it was enjoyable so no complaints. Heard this game was gonna have PVP styled souls invasions so I said bet I'll give em the $68 for the deluxe no reviews needed.

Reviews were f***ing needed
:damn: