Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4) (March 3, 2023)

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Got the deluxe edition preordered and ready to go, need those sweet armors from the preorder bonus

Was definitely getting my ass kicked in the demo but I never felt I was being cheated, I knew what I did wrong and what I needed to do to fix it. And the Party system is exactly what these types of games need, sometimes you just want a breather from the punishment and having party members take the heat off you at times

Gonna probably be my game of the year

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Soon as my code arrives I'm in there :ehh:

Nioh 2 is a good game never finished the final DLC but this will give me a lot of run until Elden Ring's DLC. I just absolutely hated Nioh's loot drop/management system and dislike most games with gear tier micromanagement, but the gameplay was well enough to make up for it.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Game looks cool as hell but at this point "souls-like" being mentioned is a turn off.
The movement does seem way better than any "souls-like" game which is what I dislike the most about the genre.
It's funny because Resident Evil kind of built their fame off of similar mechanics; the player has very limited movement while enemies can dart around the screen and have absurd reach.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
The Morale gauge is a literal game changer.....it takes a boss kicking your ass to a boss being liteweight real quick. And you can exploit it where you keep grinding on little small fry to get your level up, rest at the not-a-bonfire, rinse, repeat. Gained 8 morale levels in 10 mins. Went against the level 20 boss as level 25 and slaugthered him

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Was gonna get it on steam got so many games filling up my ps5 but saw the reviews on steam:huhldup:

getting it for ps5.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game looks cool as hell but at this point "souls-like" being mentioned is a turn off.
The movement does seem way better than any "souls-like" game which is what I dislike the most about the genre.
It's funny because Resident Evil kind of built their fame off of similar mechanics; the player has very limited movement while enemies can dart around the screen and have absurd reach.
That the shyt I hate most about these souls like games how bosses and enemies can move like the flash but the player move like they are running under water

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That the shyt I hate most about these souls like games how bosses and enemies can move like the flash but the player move like they are running under water
It's a very old way of creating tension. Before they figured out proper camera controls and character animations/movement, Resident Evil's ambience was supported by the limited angle of view and incredibly horrible controls. You could easily die in any engagement due to the terrible camera and movement.
A LOT of 3rd person action games like souls also suffer from less than ideal camera controls and limited movement. A lot of the hardcore fans jump to the "get gud" response but for me, it's a matter of patience I just don't have. I game doesn't HAVE TO have incredibly long drawn out fights with 2 - 3 hit deaths to be challenging and more importantly to be fun. I much rather have an agile character than can move on the same level as the enemies and do similar damage. I'm not saying souls games suck because they don't. Me personally, I just don't have the patience they require.
Thinking about it now, Onimusha immediately comes to mind when I think of a game that had limited movement but still keep the player on a relatively equal playing field with the enemies. It did suffer from poor camera controls and angles but, Samanosuke (if I recall the main character's name correctly) had evade mechanics that work incredibly well and kept you from getting wrecked left and right in ways that would otherwise feel cheesy.