Witcher 3 really does have some inexcusably bad combat tho

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i enjoyed using special oils for monsters and quen+dodge roll+fast attack. top 3 RPG of all time. i wanted to say this game was overrated but once i played it and blood and wine i ate my words.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoyed using special oils for monsters and quen+dodge roll+fast attack. top 3 RPG of all time. i wanted to say this game was overrated but once i played it and blood and wine i ate my words.

blood and wine is literally the same game play

how can you enjoy using oils for monsters, nothing changes in the gameplay if you use them its just a stat buff the gameplay is no different

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many of y'all are gonna keep dancing around the core of the thread? B b b b but the story!!!! bytch I even got into the fukking books cuz of the fukking game, I know the story is legit (it's been done before as far as the whole white haired cac with ill sword skills taking potions and using magic to save the fukked up grim world tho. Y'all dont know about Elric) we talking GAMEPLAY right now :dahell:

There is barely a story in the game

they think because there's a lot of dialogue that an actually good story is being told, this is the core audience this game appeals to, people who don't know shyt about rpgs

There are no good villains, no good boss fights, traversing the world is not fun its a chore, they know damn well they used fast travel to do everything

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I never played it, but my brother bought it and wanted me to get it as well. Tried to tell me the gameplay was better than Dragon's Dogma.

I watched him to play it for about 10 minutes and was like "are you serious:gucci:?"

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
if you aint like it i respect that. different strokes for different folks. i loved Witcher 3:manny:

I love this game tho. It's an amazing beautiful game that still holds up. But the combat is just bad. Imagine you meet the finest bytch you ever seen in your life, fat ass big titties beautiful eyes nice skin. But she has a harelip. That's how I feel about this game

It only became apparent now cuz I'm doing shyt I already did and I'm like damn I dont even wanna get past this to get to the juicy part of the game :hhh:

I think it's the lack of fast travel outside of signposts that's bugging me too

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love this game tho. It's an amazing beautiful game that still holds up. But the combat is just bad. Imagine you meet the finest bytch you ever seen in your life, fat ass big titties beautiful eyes nice skin. But she has a harelip. That's how I feel about this game

It only became apparent now cuz I'm doing shyt I already did and I'm like damn I dont even wanna get past this to get to the juicy part of the game :hhh:

my girl got lil bitties so i cant relate:manny:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC

They have a mod that allows you to fast travel from anywhere

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:scust:

I'm on my second playthrough right and it feels horrible. I know the story is GOAT and I'm only playing it to get all the endings, cuz I'm a completionist but fukk this shyt is terrible

You can EASILY spam light light sidestep heavy on groups of like 20 nikkas and come out on top no matter what difficulty :snoop:

shytty ass AI will rush you if you get too aggressive but I never feel like I'm in too much danger even with Chorts or a Foglet gang just Quen, roll, and jab until everybody dies

The fukking crossbow is useless and Igni is whatever for most of the game, the bombs are crazy but throwing them is like wtf unless you tag the enemy

I'm legit slicing people and half and its like :russell:

The new AC games, Dragons Dogma, From Software games, MHW, Breath of the Wild all of these are way more fun to play even with the generic ass stories. Why do we have this interactive novel as a top 3 RPG experience?
had you been workin on ya artttttttt you'd know your way in the darkkkkkkkkk

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I had fun with it. lol @ comparing this to god of war :deadmanny:

As a casual this was a great bridge into the often lame world of RPG.

don't crucify me I'm a casual and yes this appeal to me a lot more than whatever is considered good RPG because it wasn't pure.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Been had been saying this. Some folks will value story over gameplay, but i aint gonna rate a game goat or something because of that. If I did, I could play a vn/telltale, or read a book. a good story but bad combat is 6/10 in my book.