Witcher 3 gotta be the most overrated game this generation

Pifford

All Star
Daps
Maybe I needed to play it when it first came out, or have some knowledge of the first 2 games, but god damn did this game put me to sleep. When I saw what the combat was like, I thought, "Alright, surely this shyt opens way up later and you aren't just mashing the same 2 buttons while Geralt looks goofy as shyt in the process :ohhh:."

I'm sure this take will piss some brehs off, since this game seems to be so universally acclaimed, but I just don't get it. Is it the story? Because I have played plenty of games with interesting stories that didn't bore me into a coma. The world? I'll admit, it looks nice, but this is where I feel like I needed to play it when it was new, because obviously 4 years later, it is not as impressive. Someone help me out here, what is the draw with this game? Because once I copped Sekiro, this shyt got thrown aside, and I don't think I'll ever even give it another chance

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Isaid the same thing when ut dropped. I revisted it 3 years later and played it for two months straight. It starts slow but once it gets rolling, it's incredible. He, I didn't even care for Geralt at first but he eventually grew on me. I wasn't a fan of the combat so I kept the difficulty low as possible, but the storytelling (primarily the sidequests and the DLC main stories) is arguably the best this gen, imo. If you can't get into it right now, cool. Put it down and revisit it later. I did and it was a totally different experience. Probably my favorite RPG this gen.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The game aint for everyone but I've heard from a lot of people on and off here (including me) that they put it down at first. When they came back to it, something clicks and then all of a sudden you have to do everything the game has to offer. White Orchard is like a prologue so don't judge it off that.

I would say play through the Bloody Baron quest and if you don't like it by then you'll never like it. To answer your question about the gameplay being 4 years old and dated, to an extent you're right but the storytelling throughout the game and especially in the DLC holds up.

Pifford

All Star
Daps
Ahhhhhh

The weekly arcadium go against the grain thread.

Fukk outta here with this : GOAT RPG.

giphy.gif