As long as everyone gets along

If someone is racist towards you,attack
Other wise, we should be getting along

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Personally...I think the way a man treats his wife, the respect he shows her is just as important as his involvement with his children. I don't see how someone can consider a man a good father when he treats the mother/wife poorly. I think it sets the stage on how people enter relationships and treat other people. Having a dad being present or financially take care of you but has a string of infidelities is not a good father. I know people on this site separate the role of husband/lover from fatherhood but to me it's connected. It also explains why so many men see women as cum buckets/receptacles rather than human beings with feelings.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
When it comes to parenting. Many of them were doing the same ish that people see today but covertly. Men were still sleeping around/fathering outside children or leaving the family altogether. The only difference...women believed it was in a man's nature to cheat and turned a blind eye on a lot of crap.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I blame feminism and kicking the father out the household in poor black communities. On top of the crack epidemic that made blacks sell out other blacks for immediate money.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The two are intertwined but they are probably not necessarily equivalent.
Never claimed equivalency. But intertwined...yes. Parents are to prepare children for adult life. If a parent behaves irresponsibly/immature in how he/she carries a relationship what example does it set for a child?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I blame feminism and kicking the father out the household in poor black communities. On top of the crack epidemic that made blacks sell out other blacks for immediate money.
I don't blame feminism...all these things I mentioned were happening long before feminism. Now women tolerate a man's infidelity a lot less and have the means to leave. I am sure if you speak to your grandparents they'll tell you the ish that many women had to accept to keep up appearences. To me, a person has every right to leave a relationship if her partner commits adultery. Cheating and going so far to father outside children is not a forgivable offence to me.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Never claimed equivalency. But intertwined...yes. Parents are to prepare children for adult life. If a parent behaves irresponsibly/immature in how he/she carries a relationship what example does it set for a child?
Life sorts this out on it's own. A man may tolerate or mistreat his wife and still have enough of a marriage to stay together while at the same time showering his kids with love. That man will more than likely eventually get divorced from his wife. He'll no longer see the children as often and he will not have as much influence over them. All this would have been prevented if he had been a better husband.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I don't blame feminism...all these things o mentioned were happening long before feminism. Now women tolerate a man's infidelity a lot less and has the means to leave.

Men always had the side piece, but the problem was, the divorce laws benefited women, even after she became a part of the work place. Men realized that marriage was a sham and their grown kids now realize that having kids out of wedlock is overall better for their pockets because alimony is a bytch.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Men always had the side piece, but the problem was, the divorce laws benefited women, even after she became a part of the work place. Men realized that marriage was a sham and their grown kids now realize that having kids out of wedlock is overall better for their pockets because alimony is a bytch.
Marriage was a sham for women long before that. Add to the fact that the responsibility of marriage failing was pin on women regardless of what men did or didnt do. It's easy to romance the old days when context is taking into account.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
After Civil Rights victories the government gave incentives for women not to have men in the house and gave incentives to have lots of children to get money. The government dropped the ball and black people ran after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.