• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I disagree with the article stating women don't need men. Fact is men and women need each other. However, I agree with many points made in the article that the issue of racism is often a black male narrative with black women being in the periphery or barely mentioned at all. Fact is, the posters disagreed with the article have not address it other than focusin on the quote stating that women don't need men which is 1/10 of what is being posted. Other posters are saying this article is divisive...I don't understand how addressing the fact that women need to be included in the discussion of racism and also addressing their unique issues is divisive.

Seems like divisiveness is only mentioned pertaining to blacK women. It seems that people only have an issues with any thing that singles out black men unless it is talking about them victimized. More focus is put on making black men look good than it is addressing different perspectives on this issue.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The fukk I look like getting involved if I see a nikka beating his woman or disrespecting the chick...

Should I walk up and say don't touch that black queen brother and in return get 2 to the dome and im dead and dude in jail and she off living life with some new dikk... GTFOH

mine your business and protect your own woman...

So you cant support anti domestic violence ? You can't speak out against it? That's very shortsighted .

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This dude is talking about black power and yet he's regurgitating feminist ideology, which came from whites and was effectively used to destroy the black family structure.
You are not addressing the article...like at all. You saw one thing you didn't like and dismiss the rest.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? I agree with the premise of the article, but why is it so hard to promote Black Male/Female codependency? Why is it so important to uphold the image of the Herculean Black Superwoman Amazon, while simultaneously calling out Black men for being exclusively dependent on her? Many of these households are matriarchal(some by choice and others by circumstance). I'd say as far as destroying the system of patriarchy, Black women are ahead of the curve. If Black women are winning all by themselves, and gender roles have pretty much been flipped for the past 40yrs, than I say Black Male patriarchy is on somewhat on its way out the door. Why not just say Black men need to support Black women in every facet of society and leave it at that? Why try to make a poignant effort to promote to the world the uselessness of Black men, and how unneeded Black men are, while simultaneously calling for Black men to support Black women?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are rehashing talking points that are absolutely unrelated to the article. It's like you see anything on black women and you have an automated response. Where does the article address what you posted above ?

it's definitely related since half of the premise is patriarchy = bad, matriarchy = good. the author even reposted an article about the benefits of matriarchy:

From T.I. to Farrakhan: Why it's time to decolonize Black manhood - Rolling Out

if patriarchy is so evil and bad, why are there so many black women complaining about being undervalued, protected, and provided for--all of which, are benefits of a patriarchal community.

I've see you post this several timessages so you think black women marching/protesting against black male brutality , etc...is self serving? What do you propose then?

i propose these pockets of black feminist and gays stop doing pointless protest, all because they want some weak trump card over BM. BW act like they're doing us some big unreturned favor by practicing something we've established as pointless, a little under half a century ago.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
when black women stop wearing weave, straightening their hair and bleaching their skin is when I will be Pro Blackwomen as well

How are we supposed to be Pro-blackwomen when they aren't even pro-themselves?

fukk you and your fukking article
That is so stupid what you just wrote.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
What can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? I agree with the premise of the article, but why is it so hard to promote Black Male/Female codependency? Why is it so important to uphold the image of the Herculean Black Superwoman Amazon, while simultaneously calling out Black men for being exclusively dependent on her? Many of these households are matriarchal(some by choice and others by circumstance). I'd say as far as destroying the system of patriarchy, Black women are ahead of the curve. If Black women are winning all by themselves, and gender roles have pretty much been flipped for the past 40yrs, than I say Black Male patriarchy is on somewhat on its way out the door.
I agree that the ms independent narrative is counterproductive .

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with the article stating women don't need men. Fact is men and women need each other.

to keep it really real, women need men a lot more than we need y'all. men are the ones building and maintaining society. if men collectively quit all societal duties, how long would it take before the collapse of civilization?

if women quit their societal duties, men would invent artificial wombs and sex androids to replace you.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I see far more black women on their hotep, Erykah Badu, pro black spiel while dating interracially than I do black males.
Due to the sexual politics behind wm/bw unions and the fact the black man is...well, a black man and the face of direct opposition to white supremacy, that won't ever be addressed however.
There's no money or butter biscuit in that article.
No mention of interracial relationship has been made in this article. Love how you keep bringing it up even when it had nothing to do with what is being talked about. You are hell bent on turning this into am interracial debate and that is more divisive than the article could ever be. I don't understand why posters like you @Malik reloaded @Serious @ODOT META who love to brag about being in an interracial relationship always want to talk about bw being in one. You are so transparent.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
to keep it really real, women need men a lot more than we need y'all. men are the ones building and maintaining society. if men collectively quit all societal duties, how long would it take before the collapse of civilization?

if women quit their societal duties, men would invent artificial wombs and sex androids to replace you.

Interesting...be mad at divisiveness and then posts shyt like that brehs. That's why many women do not agree with your patriarchy because your hell bent on making it seem like women are replaceable while being mad at women saying the same of your gender. And if we are going to be real based on theme of the article...it isn't going to be bm who are going the android and artifical wombs.

If men could build society on their own without women what is the purpose of women then @marcuz?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:camby: to that whole article.
This.

Why is this on huf post anyways?

These white sites need to just butt out of any affairs that involve black people. Period. None of their business. shyt like this is why others feel the need to criticize blacks but dare you say anything about them...they will make sure you never hear the end of it.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

Expound on the android womb you plan on creating that will render women obsolete unless you are expecting other men to do that.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting...be mad at divisiveness and then posts shyt like that brehs. That's why many women do not agree with your patriarchy because your hell bent on making it seem like women are replaceable while being mad at women saying the same of your gender. And if we are going to be real based on theme of the article...it isn't going to be bm who are going the android and artifical wombs.

hey, don't agree with patriarchy, just don't bytch when you aren't receiving the benefits of patriarchy--is that hard to understand? don't cry that nikkas jump the fence, dont whine that nikkas are undervaluing you, dont complain cus nikkas don't want to get married, don't bytch when nikkas don't want to provide for you.

If men could build society on their own without women what is the purpose of women then @marcuz?

traditionally, it's been to birth & nurture offspring, while passing down the culture to the next generation. but women have decided that's sexist and oppressive. so why shouldn't men work to replace the fairer sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.