• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I have a problem with black men calling black women bed wenches because of the history behind that word. I've been saying that throughout this thread.
That still doesn't change the fact that you want us :cape: for black women who date out while shyting on us.:what:
Because in their ignorance the rape and coerced sexual relationships between slaves and master is equivalent to pawging.

They too stupid to breathe. @TMNT4000
Shut yo bipolar ass up.:beli:

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
The amount of pleasure some of you dudes get from shytting on black woman really is sad.
Knuckles you know better, these chick's got on tinder with the intention of meeting their white knight and were butt hurt when it back fired. You can't message anyone unless you match with them so sure enough they were clicking that like button. ..they don't have my sympathy

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Rejected clubgoers plan protest against West End nightclub
Young women say they are taking a stand against what they believe are discriminatory door policies
Written by Ade Onibada
29/09/2015 02:21 PM
dstrkt_girls.jpg

Image Text:
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO PARTY: The young women from north London who are taking on DSTRKT. Zalika Miller (far left) with friends Reisha and Tasha

A GROUP of young Londoners embroiled in a race row with West End night club DSTRKT remain intent on holding the venue with a peaceful protest tonight.
The incident in which four young black women were turned away at a club door for allegedly being "too dark" and "too fat" has galvanised a strong social media following supported by the hashtag #DoILookDstrkt, challenging the criteria standard to enter the high end venue.
Read the background to the story here.

Ahead of tonight's event, hosted by R&B singer Chris Brown's former girlfriend Karruche Tran who is scheduled to make an appearance, protesters have urged the celebrity to snub the event in solidarity with their campaign.

@karrueche You must cancel you DSTRKT appearance. Forget about the paper. This more than that.
— Aki omoshaybi (@aki_oooo) September 29, 2015

Zalika Miller, one of the spokeswomen for the group, issued an open invite on social media to other people to join the protest.

She said: "Come and peacefully make a stand with us [on September 29] along the 'rejects wall' outside Dstrkt Nightclub at 10pm. Let us unite. All the so called 'uglies' and 'fatties' come dressed to kill. Bring banners/sheets, write on anything #doilookdstrkt."

Miller, a 26-year-old actress and presenter continued to write: “This has become a lot bigger than we expected, and some may ask why? But if it wasn't for the people in the past making a stand, we'd still be seated at the back of the bus.”

Speaking to The Voice race relations activist Lee Jasper said: "I’m looking to start to raise these complaints formally with Westminster city council vis-à-vis these clubs licensing arrangements. I think that's what we need to do.”

The vocal figure added that the volume of similar incidents in West End nightclubs was something that was worth investigating and suggested that the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) should conduct an enquiry.

The young women will head to the nightclub tonight with the intention of shaming the establishment they have accused of racism and door discrimination.

The Voice have reached out to DSTRKT for a formal statement three times in the past 24 hours and are still awaiting a response.

She really compared trying to get into an exclusive club to the civil rights movement? :mindblown:

And this "protest"? FOH with that bullshyt. It's a club. Thay can pick and choose whoever they want to patronize it.:what:

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Young women say they are taking a stand against what they believe are discriminatory door policies
Written by Ade Onibada
29/09/2015 02:21 PM
dstrkt_girls.jpg

Image Text:
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO PARTY: The young women from north London who are taking on DSTRKT. Zalika Miller (far left) with friends Reisha and Tasha

She really compared trying to get into an exclusive club to the civil rights movement? :mindblown:

And this "protest"? FOH with that bullshyt. It's a club. Thay can pick and choose whoever they want to patronize it.:what:

the dualities of these women getting rejected from a club where they would've proceeded to enter and likely reject dudes had they entered :mjlol:

side-note, if i'm hitting up a club, it's usually with a chick... we ain't here to gas egos :jawalrus:

Sambuca

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read an article once that touched on many of the same issues you are touching on now, so props for touching on many olf these issues too. But to be honest, are these issues worth touching on if nobody else can see it? How do you touch on something that is not tangible afterall.Makes you wonder how, but props for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.