‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know they couldn't wait to show Bird (beastin on Brothas and in street-clothes) be that 70s BBall GAWD:sas1::skip::mjgrin:

Last edited:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
not a great time either.

that's right in the middle of award season.

The best time was right when the season ended, but that's when HBO bet everything on The Idol
Trash ass garbage ass shyt ass show that should never have been made. A fukking disgrace to the HBO name, FOH
Winning Time on the other hand about to get cancelled when it's damn good show with great writing and acting
fukk the weekend

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:yeshrug: Look at the reviews. Almost everyone agrees this was the best episode and Bird's arc was the main reason why. Get that Celtics hate out of your heart

If I wanted to watch a show about a great white hope in Basketball i’d watch Hoosiers.

This episode had a great mixture of Larry’s ascent paralleled with Magic’s coronation as top dawg on the Lakers. And thats about as much screen time as Bird & the Celtics need

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I wanted to watch a show about a great white hope in Basketball i’d watch Hoosiers.

This episode had a great mixture of Larry’s ascent paralleled with Magic’s coronation as top dawg on the Lakers. And thats about as much screen time as Bird & the Celtics need
:mjlol: Dap fishing.

:yeshrug:The Bird story was by far the most compelling arc of this season. The critics agree. Show might not be on it's deathbed if there was more balance storytelling of the 80s NBA

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

:yeshrug:The Bird story was by far the most compelling arc of this season. The critics agree. Show might not be on it's deathbed if there was more balance storytelling of the 80s NBA

Oh my! Larry’s father committed suicide and he went back to college! Compelling! High stakes! DRAMA!!!

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

It’s been three episodes…

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh my! Larry’s father committed suicide and he went back to college! Compelling! High stakes! DRAMA!!!
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

Hence the critical acclaim of the episode and the specific praise of the Bird arc. Way more compelling than a player nobody cares about bytching about being traded for another player that nobody cares about and the same tired/rehashed Magic/Norm drama.