Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Things to Know Before You Start

• The evaluation edition will expire and cannot be upgraded.
  • To upgrade, the evaluation must be uninstalled and a non-evaluation version of Windows must be re-installed from your original installation media.
  • Consider running the evaluation edition in a virtual environment or installing on a separate hard drive or partition. The will allow you to upgrade your original Windows installation to Windows 8.
  • During registration (required) you must login with a Microsoft account and provide your name, e-mail address and country.
  • You are required to activate the product online within 10 days after installing.
  • Once the evaluation is installed, you cannot upgrade. To revert to a previous version of Windows, you must do a clean install from your original installation media.

• Back up your files and settings before installing this evaluation and again prior to the 90-day expiration.
  • Upon installation, you will have 10 days to activate this evaluation online. Windows will prompt you to activate. A product key is not required for this software.
  • You must complete activation before August 15, 2013, to use this evaluation.
  • Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software. You can track the amount of time you have left by referring to the "watermark" in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop.
  • If you fail to activate this evaluation within the 10-day grace period, or if your evaluation period expires, the desktop background will turn black, you will see a persistent desktop notification indicating that the system is not genuine, and the PC will shut down every hour losing unsaved work.
  • Following the evaluation period, you will need to replace the operating system on your test computer and reinstall all your programs and data. It is not possible to upgrade the evaluation to a licensed working version of Windows 8. A clean installation is required.

Download Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation

download link at the bottom

backing up my stuff now going to make the jump

its 3.3 gigs btw

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Jeah I was thinking of doing this but I don't want to uninstall everything and re-install again. Win8 to go is pretty sick it makes me want to switch.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
This shyt is so smooth, :to:

Def takes a shyt load of getting use to though but once you do its god like. Surprised Nvidia SLI worked straight off the bat. Next step is turning my iPad into a Windows 8 tablet via RDP.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
cot damn, I cant even start the download. They must be getting hammered.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
quick opions

- I love the UI, its eye candy , but dont know how useful it is, i mean all the tiles and stuff maybe once i have more tiles it will be different

- the missing dekstop thing is not that big of deal, u have a tile called desktop, you can click on it and you have your win 7 like desktop minus the start button

- learn curve on this will be steep for those super casual users, this is 10 steps away from what they use to

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I'll use my MSDN account and download that bytch overnight...

Thinking hard about just going back to a Linux distro

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
If you hate the metro that much, you can schedule a script to run at boot time to show the desktop ...or use the win key + d shortcut... much easier to just deal with it though

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i just hit the dekstop tile

so far only issue i see wit this is like of apps

no dedicated facebook app
no dedicated youtube app
no dedicated browser apps (chrome,ff opera)