Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
all these requirements are definitely weird from a mainstream perspective. hopefully there's actually some sort of benefit for the enthusiast crowd

going forward motherboard manufactures are gonna have to make sure TPM defaults to 'on'. it's gonna be a shyt show when so many people are told they can't use the new OS, even when their hardware is brand new. for most the fix is in their bios, but most people aren't gonna want to fiddle with that (and some people probably shouldn't, since there's plenty of settings in there that can really fukk shyt up if you don't know what you're doing). I'm kind of familiar with my bios, but it still took me a minute to even find the setting

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The android store through amazon sounds dope as shyt. I'll be sideloading alot of games and streaming apps through that. Seems like Microsoft isn't fukking around with this update.
Not sure why they are partnering w/ Amazon App Store instead of Google Play, but hopefully the Amazon App Store has grown since I last used it +5 years ago.

I had to enable TPM in the bios to pass

:jbhmm:
I just failed my test. My computer is 8 years old (bought refurb 5 years ago) & I wouldn't mind an excuse to cop a new(ish) desktop, but Imma do the dutiful and try the TPM switch.

Currently though, my computer doesn't even have hibernate/standby mode :pachaha:

Edit: Failed even with TPM enabled because my computer doesn't have Secure Boot. Might cop a new desktop in 2022 when the mandatory early adopter Windows 11 kinks are ironed out

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
They could’ve been very proactive about the TPM requirement. Seems my chip has support so no worries for me thankfully

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why they are partnering w/ Amazon App Store instead of Google Play, but hopefully the Amazon App Store has grown since I last used it +5 years ago.

:jbhmm:
I just failed my test. My computer is 8 years old (bought refurb 5 years ago) & I wouldn't mind an excuse to cop a new(ish) desktop, but Imma do the dutiful and try the TPM switch.

Currently though, my computer doesn't even have hibernate/standby mode :pachaha:

Edit: Failed even with TPM enabled because my computer doesn't have Secure Boot. Might cop a new desktop in 2022 when the mandatory early adopter Windows 11 kinks are ironed out

Because Google has chrome books with they’re own OS to sell which would be a conflict of interest. Even if the Amazon store is trash you can always side load. I’m sure someone will figure out away to get google play on there. They got it with blue stacks :yeshrug:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because Google has chrome books with they’re own OS to sell which would be a conflict of interest. Even if the Amazon store is trash you can always side load. I’m sure someone will figure out away to get google play on there. They got it with blue stacks :yeshrug:
Yup yup. I've got a Chromebook myself. Android apps are good for the occasional app, but feels clunkier than most apps w/ a web version. The UX is like using an app on a tablet that isn't optimized for tablets.