WinB83 stands up for Xbox by scolding innocents with his economic prowess, but is it enough ?

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's not pretend this whole thing isn't people taking their brand loyalty and consumption of a product and turning it into some sort of spectator sport zero sum game where one company wins and the rest are losers.

Having that level of conviction in a company but refusing to actually make a real invest in them other than the I guess mental capital of being a consumer of their products is baffling.

If you take the cost of a PS3 and invest it in Sony the day the PS4 came out Your $600 today is about $4000. That's enough money for you to buy Sony consoles for the rest of your life for nothing extra out of pocket. If someone believed in the company so much but refuses to make any investment but spend active time on the internet arguing with others over it that's says either you're simply a consumer that gives no further thought to how you can benefit off things or that you don't have the conviction you say you do.

I can respect Rekkapryde's cheerleading of Sony because he's showed receipts of financial gain from his conviction in the Boiler Room thread. He's not just a consumer trying to elevate himself with the use of a term alone.

Oh I completely agree with you here. The stanning that goes on here is funny at times, but some people here take it too far. Many fanboys are so because they can’t afford to have multiple consoles, which makes sense for children who talk this nonsense. Adults talking this way just make them seem like broke boys.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're taking concerned trolling to a whole other level. This is like the second or third time in less than 24 hours the title of the thread has changed.

I guess you're mocking me for suggesting that consumers of a product that have high conviction in the product should invest in the company they believe in and profit off it. Shame on me for suggesting that if you invest with companies you like perhaps you'd stand to gain financially off it. Better to sit around and theorize why as a Sony fan Microsoft will fail in their endeavors to build a streaming service filled with games you have no interest in playing.

I drive a Honda. I don't sit around exerting any mental energy on why General Motors will succeed or fail as a company. I drive my Honda and keep it moving.

This whole consumption becomes a spectator sport to be argued and debated baffles me. When I was a kid I was a Nintendo fanboy because that's what mom bought. I became a working teenager and realized I could buy any console I wanted the console wars effectively ended for me. When I became an adult and saw these publicly traded companies could make me money it went even further than buy whatever console I wanted. This isn't a huge investment but If I sold this today from shares I bought in 2019 I could likely buy at launch every console Microsoft puts out for the next 2.5 decades or effectively 4 console generations at 6 years a piece. That's just with the gains it made not the initial investment amount.
Screenshot-20210319-135335-Fidelity.jpg

Or I could sit on a web forum, call my self an innocent because I don't invest in the companies I believe in, and engage in a worthless debate about hypothetically what does Microsoft do if Game Pass fails.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He getting mad :laff:
Nobody mad at you.

I'm encouraging people to think beyond their usual boundaries using you as a stepping stone to do it. To be honest if somebody stepped back on Project Covo or SOHH and said hey why not invest in these companies who's products yall consume I would have been better for it. Instead we had Courtdog bragging about buying used mattresses on Craigslist. If even one person in their 20s reads that and gives it serious thought that yeah I should hop on Robinhood or Webull and buy a few shares it was worth it. Just to plant the seed is worth it.

A decade ago $1000 in Microsoft is worth $11.6K today.
Stockchoker
A decade ago $1000 in Sony is worth $3.4K today. Obviously nowhere near as much but worth more.
Stockchoker

Just a heads up from an OG troll. If you gonna do it pick a stationary target. When you announce you're trolling people it ain't effective especially when you switch active targets mid troll.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Nobody mad at you.

I'm encouraging people to think beyond their usual boundaries using you as a stepping stone to do it. To be honest if somebody stepped back on Project Covo or SOHH and said hey why not invest in these companies who's products yall consume I would have been better for it. Instead we had Courtdog bragging about buying used mattresses on Craigslist. If even one person in their 20s reads that and gives it serious thought that yeah I should hop on Robinhood or Webull and buy a few shares it was worth it. Just to plant the seed is worth it.

A decade ago $1000 in Microsoft is worth $11.6K today.
Stockchoker
A decade ago $1000 in Sony is worth $3.4K today. Obviously nowhere near as much but worth more.
Stockchoker

Just a heads up from an OG troll. If you gonna do it pick a stationary target. When you announce you're trolling people it ain't effective especially when you switch active targets mid troll.

Why do you think I’m trolling

I simply just ask journalistic questions and update the title as trends change, I just report the news :hubie:

Good Brother respectfully you may want to dial a back a bit

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why do you think I’m trolling
Because your thread title changed 3 times in less than 24 hours. It went from something about the elephant in the room to saying Xbox fans were juelzing to then saying I'm scolding people.

Ironically I'm not an Xbox fan at all. In the past 5 years I've legitimately played maybe 4 games on Xbox. In the past 9 years maybe 6 games total that I finished.
winb83 - Xbox Gamertag
Don't have to be a fan of something to recognize value in what they do. I don't have a Game Pass sub nor have I even because that's not how I consume games but I can totally see the market as a whole going for it.